• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Weekend Fishing Tournament

Moderator: RobS

Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

Weekend Fishing Tournament

Post by Butch »

Well in 2 days we caught 1 fish, not good ...but every time I turn around Capt Carl of Kozy L and his crew were making it look easy. Good work Carl, The boat looks good too out in the Chesapeake Bay, That weather Saturday AM was a surprise??
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: Weekend Fishing Tournament

Post by Carl »

Nothing easy about it on Saturday!! Was a bit sporty out there, and we got beat up to only catch 2 fish. 3 On Friday, and 5 on Sunday. That was some long hours for 10 fish. All in All we had a lot of fun, but no really big fish. We did catch 2 over 41", but they had spawned out and were skinny, the biggest one weighed in at 25.75lbs. Good to see you out there, I kept seeing another 28, but could never get the right angle to see the name on the back. Did you see them?
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Butch and Carl,
A couple of friends are asking me to take them out. Where's a good spot?

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

I have not fished above Bloody Point. I have done the best at either south of bloody point at the mouth of the eastern bay, or south of there around the CR bouy. Not saying you have to go that far, but the water has been dirty north of these spots. Furball talked like he was going this last weekend, maybe he will chime in if he was fishing north of the bridge. There have been some fish caught up there, but I could not tell you where. Troll east/west as best you can.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Butch
In Memorium
Home Port: St Michaels,Md.

Post by Butch »

I did see that other 28, but he was trolling FAST, when I left you both afternoons, home was far away. Carl you are right ,they were long days out there...esp Saturday.But- it was fun!!
furball
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chester, Md

Post by furball »

Hey John,
Happy to chime in but I haven't been out this year.
Last year we did well from Stadium reef off Tolchester south to the triple buoys at the mouth of the Chester. The eastern end of Brewerton Channel and the outside edges on the oyster bars off Swan point can be productive as well. If you want a handful of GPS spots, let me know and I'll email them to you.
Carl.
I was hoping to get out for fun this past Sat morning but when I woke up to 20mph winds, changed the plan. I was thinking about you guys :lol: Good job catching in the slop. I've heard a couple of reports of working birds already, hoping to get into EB this weekend for a little LTJ, Finally!
John
Chief
2005 31TE
Cummins 450

Formerly,
Transition
2006 28TE
Yanmar 6LP
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

If you want a handful of GPS spots, let me know and I'll email them to you.
Given my less than stellar reputation for catching fish, I'll take them! 8)
jcollins AT albinowners.net

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

furball wrote:If you want a handful of GPS spots, let me know and I'll email them to you.
Very nice of you John. Around here guys would give up their first born before letting go of some good numbers. Maybe Collins will upgrade you to a Gold Member and send out a free key fob, or two :D
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “Fishing”