• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Ocracoke trip

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Ocracoke trip

Post by kathylsails »

We left on Sunday for a week in Ocracoke. It took us only 3 1/2 hours to get there from a bit southeast of Oriental, and the weather was fantastic. The skies opened up that night, though, and it continued to rain...and rain...and rain.... So, we left Wednesday. Even though it was windy and rained almost the whole way home and visibility was poor, KP Duty did just fine and the ride was actually pretty comfortable. It took us 4 3/4 hours to get home, which wasn't bad at all. We were SO glad to have the aft cabin because we didn't feel so cooped up and both cabins are pretty comfortable. (We have a canvas cover for the cockpit so we didn't get soaked going between the fore and aft cabins.) Even so, staying on a boat --any boat-- is so much more pleasant in nice weather! By the way, today is Friday and it is STILL raining!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
Bidgood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Pelican Isle, Florida

Re: Ocracoke trip

Post by Bidgood »

If you have the opportumity please post a pic of you canvas cover.

Thanks
Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.

Albin 30 FC
Hull # "0"
SeaJAlbin28
Mate
Mate

Post by SeaJAlbin28 »

Hey Guys!!! Glad you had a pleasant trip over, at least! We are certainly in agreement that time aboard is better without a sideways downpour! Anyway, it urned out to be an easy trip, didn't it?!
Chris and Judy,
aboard SeaJ, an Albin 28 TE
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kathylsails »

Hey, I just now saw the postings! Better late than never?

Tom, it's great to hear from someone else with a 30 FC! I'll have to see about getting you a picture of our canvas cover. I made it out of Sunbrella and it cost somewhere around $150. It isn't permanent and has no hardware. But, it's very easy to put up and take down; it takes less than 5 minutes and one person can do it. It ties to the handrails on the pilothouse and to the stern rails.

Chris and Judy, we actually saw SeaJ a couple of weekends ago. We were in Oriental and went to your marina for a pumpout. No one was there, but at least we got to see your boat from the water. Nice boat!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC
96flht
Mate
Mate

Post by 96flht »

I realize this post is over a year old but I am new to the group and just saw it. I just bought a 27 FC and it is moored in New Bern in the mouth of the Trent River. My wife and I have been planning a trip to Ocracoke Island but the 27 will take closer to ten or twelve hours instead of 3 1/2. Hope we have better weather than you did.
egauthier@ec.rr.com
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern NC

Post by egauthier@ec.rr.com »

Enjoy the trip and your new boat. The long run time will likely be worth it. Ocracoke village is an interesting place to hang out. Bring bicycles if you can or rent them out there. We are planning a return visit in the Fall.

Peter

96flht wrote:I realize this post is over a year old but I am new to the group and just saw it. I just bought a 27 FC and it is moored in New Bern in the mouth of the Trent River. My wife and I have been planning a trip to Ocracoke Island but the 27 will take closer to ten or twelve hours instead of 3 1/2. Hope we have better weather than you did.
Peter Gauthier
KP Duty - New Bern, NC
kathylsails
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kathylsails »

My husband is right, as always! Ocracoke is well worth the trip. Enjoy! Maybe we can get together in New Bern or Oriental or somewhere in between one of these days and you can tell us about your trip!
"KP Duty" Albin 30 FC

Return to “Cruising”