• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Block I Labor Day weekend?

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Block I Labor Day weekend?

Post by jleonard »

Anyone panning on going? We are planning on it depending on the weather. A little rain on sunday as prediced so far won't deter us.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Marcy K
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Cod MA

Re: Block I Labor Day weekend?

Post by Marcy K »

We were planning on BI or Sag Harbor for the weekend BUT there are many huge trees floating in LIS as well as pieces of houses and other debris - watched a whole garden shed go by this AM. SO - now we are planning to go to the boat but stay at the marina (no electricity in Westbrook either). Not sure if BI has phone service or electricity. Let us know how it is if you go - wish we could join you.

Marcy and Ron
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Westbrook CT
Marcy K
A 34 Paumanok 1986
Cape Cod MA
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Exactly. Not 10 minutes ago I was just having this very conversation with Erika about the debris that is in the water. We have an insurance adjusting business specializing in property damage claims. All of the waterfront properties have very little left for us to take photos of thanks to Irene. Plus with all of the heavy rains up north plenty has washed down and in...

We will spend part of our Labor Day weekend working on Irene claims and getting a mid-season coat of wax on TOY-RIFIC's hull. Something I never thought I would be able to do. She was pulled for Irene due to the surge being problematic with my low dock. She'll get back in the water early next week bottom cleaned and hull shined.

Jay, enjoy the weekend at Block just don't rely on "Abe" to steer around any floaters.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jleonard »

Jay, enjoy the weekend at Block just don't rely on "Abe" to steer around any floaters
LOL Certainly not but thatnks for the heads up....I didn't foresee that much flotsam. If it is truely that bad I won't make the trip.
Formerly
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

I have been on your bridge so I can say that being up there with that great visibilty and running at hull speed you certainly have an advantage over most.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jleonard »

Not sure if BI has phone service or electricity
BI never lost power from what I was told. Have friends who spent the storm at Paine's. So I assume cell service still works as well.
Formerly
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
Joncat
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Old Saybrook CT

Post by Joncat »

BI generates their own power with diesel generators(near the highway department) not sure on phone service.
John Mac
"Joncat"
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jleonard »

We still are planning to make the trip. Several friends are over there and they don't report any particular issue with debris.
Formerly
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “Cruising”