• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

cruising honeymoons

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

cruizen
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Virginia Beach

cruising honeymoons

Post by cruizen »

I had asked under a different topic and I decided it would make more sense to start my own thread for my question. So, here is my question! My fiance and I are getting married at the end of June 2012, and my other half loves to cruise...so I was hoping to take him up along east coast. By the way, he is the Albin owner. Our first holiday together was Boston & Cape Cod, then we did a day trip across to MV and Nantucket. So, now I'm wanting to stay on the island!

I don't really want to hire a car, so I'm hoping that there is a okay public transport service on the island?

We'll be happy to relax for a few days, do some sightseeing and shopping. More interested in dining out rather than drinking and clubbing - so I was wondering do you think Marthas Vineyard is an OK place for a honeymoon? I got a little information at this Marthas Vineyard weddings place but I would love to hear from people who are very familiar with it. Let me know if you can offer me some advice and information!
parkerj

Re: cruising honeymoons

Post by parkerj »

We spent a week on Martha's Vineyard a couple of years ago in a B&B and had a great time.
Interesting island and lots to see and do. Unfortunately we went by car, but getting around should not be too much of a problem.
John Parker, Albin 82 MS "Orenda"
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: cruising honeymoons

Post by jleonard »

You can also check out Block Island. Take a slip at the Boat Basin, Paines, or stay on the hook. Rent scooters or bikes, etc.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “Cruising”