• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 36

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

solace2007

Albin 36

Post by solace2007 »

i currently am looking at Albin 36's to purchase/move aboard/cruise the east coast.
If anyone would like to make comments about this model, it would be appreciated.
thanks,
rob
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Hi Rob! I don't own one but I'm sure you will get some good response.
Welcome to the board.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
pbirman
First Mate
First Mate

Post by pbirman »

Are you looking at the 36' Express Trawler?

Paul
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Albin has made a number of 36' models over the years. Are you talking about one of the older 36' Taiwan Trawlers, or the newer, US built Express Trawler?

There are members on the board who own each, so you should be able to have your questions answered.
rt11002003
Gold Member
Gold Member

Albin 36

Post by rt11002003 »

Hi Rob, I don't own one, however I spent some time on a number of Express 36s (along the West Coast of Florida, Southern Alabama and up to TN) last summer when looking for a boat to purchase. The nicest one I found was located at Harrison/Chattanoga, TN on the Tennessee River. It belonged to a former naval officer with many years of boating experience. It had low engine hours (less than 300 I think), was well equipped and extremely well maintained. I believe it is still available.

Good luck in your search.

Gene
Gene Currently Albin "less"
solace2007

Albin 36

Post by solace2007 »

Thank you for the welcome and respnses so far.
I am looking for the older trawler models.
Thanks again for any input,
Rob
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Be sure to get a very thorough survey. Many of the older Taiwan built boats, Albin & others, have serious rot problems caused by fresh water intrusion in the decks & wooden deckhouses.

There is something about the 'look' of the old 36 trunk cabin trawler that I have always liked. The lower helm is far forward giving a very large flybridge up top.

Be prepared to take care of a forest worth of teak trim. Absolutely georgeous when done up but a full time job to keep it looking that way.

My 27AC used to take me a week to totally do the teak each year, & that is nothing compared to the 36.

Good luck in the search.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)

Return to “General Discussion”