• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

I'm heading to the Seattle Boat show; any requests?

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm heading to the Seattle Boat show; any requests?

Post by Mariner »

I'm leaving in about an hour and will be going to both the indoor and on-water shows. I see that the local Albin dealer, Bellingham Yacht Sales, is one of the exhibitors. Are there any requests? I'm taking my digital camera and some of our site business cards to hand out. Does anyone want pictures of any of the new boats, questions for the dealer, or are you curious about other boats there as well?

http://www.seattleboatshow.com/
med2alfa

Post by med2alfa »

Mariner, Probably left for the show already.

I'm going tomorrow. The only Albin there is the new 28. Everything else from BYS is in the Saberline.

Have fun.
TonyAmalfitano

Yeah

Post by TonyAmalfitano »

If you don't mind, could you pick me up a 30 AC?
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I took a bunch of pictures of the 28TE they had at the show, but I left my camera at my other house, so I will post them hopefuly on Monday. Nothing special really, just some hull shots for those not familiar with the 28's hull.

I was a little disappointed at the weak showing Albin got. I introduced myself to one of the two sales reps there and explained that John and I sort of ran this website. He had not heard of it, and seemed entirely uninterested. I sort of chatted with him and mentioned that we'd had contact with Andrew and basically said he didn't know who he was, and that Albin had a lot of sales reps and he rattled off one name and then seemed to be sort of lost. I explained that we owned a 36ET that BYS had originally delivered and all of a sudden he opened up. He was quick to point out the design flaws of that boat.

Interesting fellow. BYS was clearly more interested in showing their Sabrelines than the Albins. The Albin and Back Cove were even located seperately from their Sabrelines in the back corner of the show, about as far from the main entrance as you can possibly get.

I was, however, impressed with the 28TE, this being the first time I'd actually been in the cabin. I did hit my head while getting into the settee, but otherwise I thought the cabin would be plenty spacious for a couple. I was a little surprised at how low the railing was around the cockpit. I felt as though in a rough sea, it might not be tough for a tall person to be knocked overboard. This was a flush deck model. I'm sure, however, that it makes it easy to pull fish inboard. When it's time to get a boat for just me and my future wife, this boat will get serious consideraton.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Tony, I'm sorry but they were fresh out.
TonyAmalfitano

30 FC

Post by TonyAmalfitano »

Hey, you tried, it's the thought that counts!
med2alfa

Post by med2alfa »

I'm not defending BYS here, but I do know from personal experience that attending to potential customers questions for 8 to 10 hours a day for 10 days does get a bit mind numbing. Also, a good number of the "sales reps" that are showing the boats are not in sales but are the mechanical and maintenance staff just helping out.

I'd have to say that having only one Albin at the show does not show all that that line of boats has to offer. Their 31 and 35 TE's have much more interior and cockpit room than the SeaSports, Ospreys, Glacier Bays and other lesser quality production boats. The only boat I found to compare is the Ocean Sport Roamer in the fish boat category.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

I agree, it's hard to do a trade show all day long. I'm not so much disappointed by the salesman, but just by the fact that they seemed to be uninterested in representing the Albin line in general.

Return to “General Discussion”