• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Knapps Narrows

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Knapps Narrows

Post by Veebyes2 »

With all of the times that I have been staying at a marina in Knapps Narrows, MD I seldom see Albins. Waved at John once. This past week 2 32s have passed by. Last weekend a green hulled 32+2 passed by east then west bound. This weekend a blue hulled mid 90s 32 went by.

Great spot for boat watching. Plenty of beautiful boats plus some "WHAT were the designers thinking?" boats.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Knapps Narrows

Post by jcollins »

Doug,
How long are you in town? I think I owe you a visit and a beer.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Weather so far looks to be good for Sat/Sun so we just made a slip reservation at Knapps Narrows Marina/Inn. Hope to see others for a day of fun! Will be arriving Sat morning around 10am and leave Sun morning whenever. Below is a link to the days activities.

http://www.tilghmanmd.com/PR.pdf
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Bluey
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: No Boat, No Port

Post by Bluey »

Carl - We were there in mid July. Call the inn and ask for the latest info on the channel and instructions for heading into port. When we were there, you had to hug the bouys or else run into the sand that came from the bags that were supposed to prevent shoaling. One of our group lost an engine coming into port, went off course as a result, and got stuck bad. BoatUS couldn't get him out. We finally were able to walk out to his boat (yep, the water there can be that skinny) and push him off while someone with a center console drove around in circles making waves. If you follow the inn's instructions, the trip is uneventful.
Maurice the Boatless
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

Thanks Bluey. I go in and out of there all the time, in fact was there today catching spot for bait, and getting fuel. Shoaling occurred badly over last winter. We stay at the inn there a couple times year, and stop in often to see a friend about a dog. :) :)
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

and stop in often to see a friend about a dog.
You just made my day! :lol: :lol: :lol:
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

John, first time looking at this thread for awhile. We will probaly be back at Severn Marine for 11/5,6,7 prepping for winter storage. Going to Punkin Chunkin 11/2,3.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)

Return to “Cruising”