• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Just signed the contract on 1977 A25 Deluxe!

Albin's "power cruisers"
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Re: Just signed the contract on 1977 A25 Deluxe!

Post by NickScheuer »

One nice feature of the longer cockpit canvas, with the lower edge of the aft panel buttoned to the aft edge of the cabin is that we have a sheltered area to pile loose stuff like PFD's, the cockpit table, etc, so it isn't in our way in the cockpit ara.

The planned hard top would be something like 10" shorter than our canvas, but with the aft canvas still buttoned to the edge of the cabin. Said hard top would also incorporate hinged roof panels on each side (about half as long as the top, immediately aft of the helm) in order to provide more head and shoulder clearance when we enter or exit the boat. Having these hinged panels open would also let more sunlight into the cockpit area, just like the canvas panel over the helm.

The hardtop wouldn't be ready untill the 2014 season at the earliest. We'll go with what we have for this season.

One addition that consumed a lot of time last summer was a new Swim Platform incorporating a much more convenient ladder. We (including our dog) plan to board and egress our towed plywood dinghy using the platform. The platform is a Cedar frame with a Starboard (molded non-skid plastic panel 1/2" thick) white surface. The steel tubes were cut from our extra set of cockpit canvas bows. More of that bow material would be used to support the aft end of the hard top.

The Albin ladder fittings that came with the boat were remounted on each side deck as an extra pair of mooring cleats for spring lines.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Robdog.1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Texas

Post by Robdog.1 »

image.jpg
Very nicely done!
I've found a few 8' teak platforms with a single step swing ladder for under $200. Need a simple refinish and mounting brackets, probably wait til next season.
Currently prepping my whaler for a camping trip on Lake Powell in June while he A25 is being worked on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Yeoman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Thunder bay canada

Post by Yeoman »

Robdog,thanks for the advice and congrats on your "new" albin.I found the teak finishing products you mentioned and will try them soon.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”