• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A27 FC with leak in aft cabin

Albin's "power cruisers"
AKDW
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SEWARD

A27 FC with leak in aft cabin

Post by AKDW »

I am chasing leaks in the top of the aft cabin of my 27 Family cruiser and want real bad to get behind the headliner. Any tips or experience with removing or pulling back the edge of the head liner. I see that it is stapled along the sides and that could be pulled loose and restapled ???
JFOkie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dover, NH

Re: A27 FC with leak in aft cabin

Post by JFOkie »

I plan on removing the headliner in the rear berth and install a new one this summer. The porthole on the portside is leaking a little and I plan on taking them all out and installing new gaskets and caulking.

The headliner is stapled along the edges and I think there is some wood trim that runs along the edge underneath that the headliner is staple to. You mention that it's leaking on the top of the aft cabin, Last summer I noticed soem water on the floor in the rear berth under the hatch. My initial guess is that the groove that the hatch sits in when closed fills up with water and doesn't flow out as it's supposed to.

There are some earlier posts where owners have worked on and replaced the headliners; I think they have some pictures uploaded too.

Once I get the project going, I will take some pictures and leave some posts on this site. Good luck!

John
"Nirvana"

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”