• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

My "New" Albin Seats

Albin's "power cruisers"
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

My "New" Albin Seats

Post by hetek »

Not quite sure where to put this. It might belong in the A27 forum, and yet it has relevance to the TE 35 forum. Let's try "General Discussion"! Here goes...

I give you... Albin TE35 flybridge seats in a 1984 27FC!
P82A0146.JPG
P82A0148.JPG
P82A0149.JPG
They look fantastic if I do say so myself. Only had to replace the pedestals with taller 30" ones. The 27's have some high windshields!

They fit like a glove, the helm seat centers on the wheel perfectly and I can open the engine hatches easier than ever.

Have to say I am very happy, but mostly that an AOG brother could help me out. My old seats were free standing Garelick Pilot seats and were fine 99% of the time, but they would get tossed around in a rolling sea (including the occupants).

Many thanks to Halcyon!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: My "New" Albin Seats

Post by RobS »

Looks great Jon, and not just the seats, everything in the photos, real nice - clean & neat, nicely done!
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by hetek »

Thanks Rob!

Hate to admit it but the OCD in me had me "measure 1000 times, cut once" before I was satisfied with the fore/aft placement of the pedestals, the for/aft travel of the slider and the "swivelability" of the seats. I think I got it right on.

One thing I had to do was make some tapered King Starboard shims to go between the base plates and the deck. There is a slight crown to the deck and the shims make the pedestals plumb.

BTW, I had to be sure she was "real nice - clean & neat" because some guy in a blue hulled 28TE was my neighbor last year and he put me to shame!
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Post by NickScheuer »

Ever since those seats were posted for sale here, I've been kicking myself for having purchased molded plastic/padded seats earlier. Your seats are NICE!

Nick
Doug
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Doug »

Where did you find your seats?
I need to replace mine and cannot find the replacement.
On my seat, it says it is a Pompanette No. 365528.
West Marine used to sell them, but no longer sells that particular chair.

Thanks,
Doug
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by hetek »

I bought these seats from an AOG member, Halcyon, who removed them from his Albin TE35's flybridge.

I looked for pedestal seats but didn't really find anything I liked. My next move was to go to the largest West Marine on Long Island and take a "test sit" in their display seats, but when I found Halcyon had his for sale, I couldn't pass them up.

My second choice probably would have been the Todd ladder-backed chairs but, again, they were subject to the "sit test".

Stidd Seats were out of the question!
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by N4QC »

Doug:

KTM Custom Marine Canvas - Bradenton, FL is a boat canvas and upholstery shop.

Check them out. They may be able to refurbish your seats if that is all that is needed to be done.

Have fun,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
NickScheuer
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockford, IL

Post by NickScheuer »

Here is a pic of the seats I bought new just weeks prior to seeing your Flybridge Seats offered for sale here on AOG. We like our new molded plastic seats better than the standard Bench Seat, however, your "more traditional" seats would have coordinated with our old A-25 nicer.

I still have to shorten the post under the helmsman's seat a couple of inches, but I'll need the services of a friend's engine lathe for cutting the post and post insert. The installation shown here was done as quickly as possible in preparation for our recent Nipigon Bay Cruise.

Nick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”