• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

36 ET in Clearwater, FL

seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SW Florida

36 ET in Clearwater, FL

Post by seasalt »

Does anyone know anything about the 1999 36' Express Trawler for sale in Clearwater, FL?

I am about 100 miles away and am interested in the boat. I found it in yachtworld.com.

Thanks
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 36 ET in Clearwater, FL

Post by N4QC »

Based on the listing, the vessel looks like it is lift kept at the owner’s residence. This I would consider this a plus. The brokerage location may be another half hour from the residence. A hundred miles by car is just a day trip. Suspect that you are down in the Ft Meyers – Naples area. I brought my boat, on her bottom, up from Naples bay to Tampa bay, running the gulf. Not a bad trip…

The draft was not specified but a comparable shows it at 3’ 8”.

Don’t know about the generator as to whether or not it is gas or diesel. If it is gas then it might be a concern, as diesel is used for the engine, and you would have two types of fuel aboard.

Happy hunting,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by marko »

I've seen many variations of drafts listed for the 36ET. I think generally the single engine is deeper than the twins. There's good info in the current threads. Also by searching here on older subjects on the ET going back a few years. One thing typical are upper deck drains being insufficient and allowing water overflow into the wire ways to below, thus water to interior, esp behind galley cabinets. Have only done a temporary fix on my 2001, see the fix discussions here in AOG site. Despite some issues, I'm real happy with the 36ET.
seasalt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: SW Florida

Post by seasalt »

Today my wife and I drove up to Clearwater to see the boat. 110 miles from home. The boat is out of the water at a broker's location and has had a recent wax and bottom job so it looks nice from the outside. It is a 1999 model so I expected to see the normal wear and tear like rust here and there and gel coat cracking. When I went aboard I was especially dissapointed in the condition of the engine and engine room. Rust, corrosion, dirt, peeling paint, etc. No sign of any preventive care at all. As I looked closer at the rest of the boat's systems the lack of maintanance was further evident. A serious problem is that the molded on swim platform is working up and down and has cracked the hull sides at the transom. The electronics are also about gone from weathering.

According to the broker the boat has been on the market for over a year with an asking price is $119,000. He said that the owner turned down $90,000 about a month ago. I had Boat/US do a value check and they estimated the resale value to be $73,500.

I have no further interest in the boat because at my age I do not want a project.
Ron
Hi Spirits (sold)
35 TE SF
Punta Gorda, FL
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by marko »

Has anybody see this structural issue on other 36 ET's? I wonder if it was a bad lift stressing it. I've been concerned about my foam core stringers, esp where one has a "V" hole in it at the hull.
N4QC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by N4QC »

Seasalt:

Thank you for the feedback...

Happy hunting,
Joe
Albin Getaway
"LabTime"
Looper

Post by Looper »

I looked at this boat a few weeks ago. Very disappointed with the condition and apparent lack of care. I did however measure the draft since it was out of water. Bottom of the "shoe" to water line mark was 4'10", a little more than some sales ads have posted. Has anyone else noted a draft of almost 5 feet?
David
arcticspud
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gig Harbor, WA

Post by arcticspud »

Single or twin?
36 ET
Twin 6BTA 270
Hull #1
Happy Place
Gig Harbor, WA
alwsail
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Groton, Ct

Post by alwsail »

Single 450hp
arcticspud
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gig Harbor, WA

Post by arcticspud »

The single does draft more like 5 feet. The twin (like mine) is 3.5 feet.
36 ET
Twin 6BTA 270
Hull #1
Happy Place
Gig Harbor, WA

Return to “36' Express Trawler, 40' North Sea Cutter, 26' Center Console”