• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

2014 Pacific Northwest Rendezvous - Roche Harbor Resort

Coordinators: Dave Kircher (dkicher) and Howard Wells (whwells)
http://www.rocheharbor.com/
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

2014 Pacific Northwest Rendezvous - Roche Harbor Resort

Post by dkircher »

Greetings to Pacific Northwest Albin Owners,

Some of us met for dinner on January 24th near the Seattle Boat Show. We were fortunate to have about 14 people in attendance. Besides having a great get together at a brewpub, we decided on the date and location of our 2014 rendezvous.

Thanks to the efforts of co-coordinator Howard Wells, we have a premier destination marina at one of the best times of the summer!

We will be staying at Roche Harbor Resort from July 11-13, 2014. But wait! Mark Vorobik has invited those who want to arrive a day early to anchor off his family's property on the south end of Lopez Island. The protected anchorage is in Aleck Bay. Shoreside facilities are limited. However, this is a great opportunity. Thanks to Mark and Nancy!

I have posted a few photos of Roche Harbor. More to come!

So mark your calendars and PM either me or Howard, send me an email (d2kircher[at]msn.com), or post here if you plan to attend. See you in July!
marina1_0.jpg
marina1_1.jpg
marina9.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: 2014 Pacific Northwest Rendezvous - Roche Harbor Resort

Post by whwells »

PNW AOG MEMBERS: As Dave has posted the Pre-Rendezous meet and dinner was excellent. We had new members Greg & Stephanie who are Seattle Members with a great 31 Albin. Pat and Sharon also brought along family members who are having great adventures with their Ranger Tug. In less than a year they have covered waters to the far NW that some of us are still just planning. We very much enjoyed their stories.

As for the next Summer Rendezvous it promises to be the best yet. Mark & Nancy's - Lopez waterfront site and cabin is beautiful beyond words. It will be the high light of the event going to their place Thur. and overnight Thur. You should all find time to enjoy this very special experience. At Roche Harbor Marina we will have a Full Cover Barge (similar to the one we had at Cap Santa previously for Fri/Sat/Sun, AM. With Lopez and Roche Harbor this Rendezvojs will be one to get out and enjoy for those both north in BC and south to Seattle.

There may be a surprise Slid Show of a very rare cruise for us Western folk. Details to follow in later posting.

Dave and I look forward to you're early replies and attendance this year.

whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sportfisher/Flybridge Conv.
2004 Osprey Pilothouse 22
arcticspud
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gig Harbor, WA

Post by arcticspud »

Its on the calendar. Just have to see what my schedule is in July!
36 ET
Twin 6BTA 270
Hull #1
Happy Place
Gig Harbor, WA
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Thanks for the reply. Hope to see you then.
whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sport fisher / Flybridge Conv.
pkdiver
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Brookings, Oregon

Post by pkdiver »

Kathleen and I will try and make it this year schedule permitting with the Perfect Catch. No problem with my schedule since I am semi-retired now. We will just have to arrange for Kathleen to get off from her job. Roche Harbor sounds like a lot of fun and being able to anchor at Mark & Nancy's place off of Lopez Island on Thursday sounds great.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Pete & Kathleen: Great news. On my last trip up I stopped at Brookings to see if you were around and to talk about this year's Rendezvous. Should be a fun.
Please pass along information to your other Albin owner's with towables. As I recall all have trailers. Will you put the boat in at Anacortes?
whwells "Howard"
2006 35te Sport-fisher/Flybridge Conv.
pkdiver
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pkdiver »

Hi Howard,
We will probably put the boat in on Whidbey Island. There is a campground there with a real nice ramp that we used last time up there three years ago. The only thing with launching there is going through Deception Pass. Not a big deal but you have to time it to be during slack tide. We were going to have them sling our boat in at Cap Sante Marina but our boat exceeded the weight capacity of their lift and they wouldn't have been able to get the slings under our boat properly with the way that it sits on the trailer bunks. We might try Skyline Marina next time because we talked to someone while we were on one of the islands and their boat weighed about the same as ours and they were able to sling it in there. We'll just have to see.
I'll check with the other Albin owners in Brookings but the only one that I can see coming up would be Lou.
Sounds like a fun time.
Pete
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Pete & Kathleen: Pretty sure you can get the 28 Albin in at Marine Servicenter. They are a part of Anacortes Marina where Nibbles is moored. They also have a storage yard for the trailer or I can speak with Bill our Harbormaster at Anacortes for a temporary stay. They have space at the northend of the parking area. Give Brooke DeWitt Mgr at the Marine Servicenter a call re haul out/return and storage. Brooke is a nice fellow and does fine work on my boat at reasonably prices. You can tell him I suggested you call/ or I can speak with him for you. His number is 360 293 8200. They hauled my boat last season for bottom paint and I have seen them haul a couple of 31's. Should not be a problem. You can them go to Cap Santa for a day slip if desired.

Do ask Lou to join us. Doubtful he will get away from his fishing that long - but you never know. He could caravan up with you two or is that a boatavan haul?

Hope it works out for you. Happy to help just contact me.

Howard
pkdiver
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pkdiver »

Howard,
I called Marine Service Center and they said that they could do it, just let them know a week or so before hand to schedule it out. Brooke wasn't in but I talked to someone else. I won't have to put the trailer in the water now to get the boat off.
Thanks for the info. I hope to see all of you up there in July for a fun time.
Pete
Gmschuler
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Edmonds

Post by Gmschuler »

Stephanie and I had a great time at the dinner at the boat show. It was great to meet everyone there. We do plan on being at the rendezvous at Roche Harbor this year. We make Roche one of our annual stops, so this will work out great. This will be a lot of fun, Stephanie has some ideas for a day trip on the island.
Talk to you soon.
Greg
Roche has the best Bloody Mary around!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Greg & Stephanie Schuler
2002 31 TE
Blue Heron
Port of Edmonds
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Wonderful you two can make. The day trip sounds like good idea. I have only walked around Roche although there is transportation to other parts of the Island. Looking forward to the Bloody Mary. Thier prime rib is also the best of anywhere.
whwells "Howard"
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Post by coolchange »

Hi all. Jan and I look forward to joining up with the group in Roche H. We are in our second season with the Albin 27FC and look forward to the get together.

We will be launching out of Swantown (Olympia) and wandering up the sound...probably stopping at the glass museum (Dock St. Marina) and at Pt. Townsend on the way...

Do you have reservations, or should I be in contact with the marina?

PS: anyone who needs a long-term parking solution should keep in mind that Bellingham offers parking for any amount of time at no charge..just pay to launch (no sling but great ramps and a convenient washdown in parking lot). I will be going out of there on the way to the Braughtons in August.

PPS: If you have never been to Roche...it's a treat. Lots of big boats, great donuts, well stocked book exchange at customs office and massages to die for.
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Coolchange: Thank you for the reply and confirmation. We have a blocked set of slips as a group. As time gets closer and we know how many will be in attendance we will ask for assignments. Looking for to meeting you there.
whwells "Howard"
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Post by dkircher »

Hello Pacific Northwest Albin Owners,

Remember to save the date for our annual rendezvous this coming July. As I have mentioned before we'll have an optional stop over this year at Mark V's family place on Lopez Island before we travel to Roche Harbor for the Friday-Sunday events.

I have posted a few photos of Mark's place below. Howard, our co-chair is doing a splendid job of inviting newcomers to the NW Albin family. So I'd like to extend a warm welcome to our rendezvous alumni as well.

We hope to see you all at Roche Harbor. This will be our best rendezvous so far!
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Dave: Great job. Lots of fun ahead. Let's boat!
whwells "Howard"

Return to “Fourth Annual Pacific Northwest Rendezvous - 2014”