• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rendezvous Details

Coordinators: Dave Kircher (dkicher) and Howard Wells (whwells)
http://www.rocheharbor.com/
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Rendezvous Details

Post by dkircher »

Hi all,

We are in the final stages of rendezvous planning. Some comments:

1. If you haven't already contacted Roche Harbor for a slip reservation, please do so soon. Be sure to mention you are with the Albin group. They must have a final attendance list two weeks before the rendezvous.

2. Howard and I reluctantly cancelled the catered meal. The problem was that, with the uncertainty about attendance and the need to guarantee payment for 25 meals, the costs were just too high. I hope everyone understands. We propose a potluck instead like we have done at the previous rendezvous. Plan to cook your own main course (meat, fish, etc.) and bring a side dish or salad to share.

3. So here is the tentative schedule:

Thursday, for those who can make it, anchor in Aleck Bay with a happy hour and potluck at Mark's family cottage on shore;

Friday arrive at Roche, BYOB happy hour with snacks, dinner on your own;

Saturday, continental breakfast on the dock, optional Lavender Farm outing, happy hour and pot luck on the dock

Sunday, depart for home.

I'll post a more final schedule after others weigh-in. Please share your ideas.

I am looking forward to a fantastic rendezvous!
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Rendezvous Details

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

That's too bad about the catering. Oh well, was a nice idea but I can understand the logistical difficulties & limitations. Still don't know the exact location of Mark's family cottage on Aleck Bay, but not to worry as Cap'n Ron always says, if we get lost we'll just pull over and ask directions. We already have our slip reservation for Roche Harbor.

This way it'll be a lot like we're used to with our Lake Pleasant Sailing Club raftups.

Here's the last club raftup we participated in this past April. We're 3rd boat from left. They're all sailboaters as we used to be, but they cut us some slack because Albins are such cool boats and don't go any faster than sailboats. Too stinkin' hot to be out on the lake now, been hitting 110 deg the past few days. Can't wait for some of that cool San Juans weather.

Looking forward to meeting you all!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Binford
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Port Orchard, WA

Post by Binford »

DesertAlbin736 wrote:Still don't know the exact location of Mark's family cottage on Aleck Bay, but not to worry as Cap'n Ron always says, if we get lost we'll just pull over and ask directions.
If you can find Aleck Bay, then probably all you'd need to do is look around for a bunch of Albins and I'll bet you'll know about where Mark's family cottage is! :wink:

My wife and I, still Albin-less, will be sitting this one out, guys. So no pineapple zucchini bread this year, I'm afraid. Hope you have a great time despite the loss! :lol:

Maybe we'll see you guys next year. (I'll submit my vote for a Port Orchard Marina rendezvous now!)
-- Tim Taylor
1980 Glasply 19-1/2' cuddy hardtop w/Mercruiser 470 I/O
1982 Glasply 16' runabout w/ 2-stroke 50hp Mercury O/B
Quiet admirer, and possible future owner, of an Albin 27FC
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dkircher »

Tim,

Sorry you can't join us this year.

Howard and I are retiring from rendezvous planning after this year. Perhaps you would consider planning next year's at Port Orchard. We definitely can make that one. Port Orchard is right around the corner from Port of Poulsbo and we are considering joining Bremerton Yacht Club and mooring our boat down there, which is a very short run!
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
Binford
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Port Orchard, WA

Post by Binford »

Me plan the rendezvous? Gosh, but I can't. The rules clearly state the Albin Rendezvous organizer must be an Albin owner! Darn it. Oh well....

I got a tour of the BYC by a couple from church who had us out on their sailboat for dinner a few weeks ago. Impressive. When I get a boat I have to moor, I will most likely join.

Have a great rendezvous, guys! We'll miss you!
-- Tim Taylor
1980 Glasply 19-1/2' cuddy hardtop w/Mercruiser 470 I/O
1982 Glasply 16' runabout w/ 2-stroke 50hp Mercury O/B
Quiet admirer, and possible future owner, of an Albin 27FC
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dkircher »

Tim,

Would you please provide a link to the applicable rule? In my former life I learned how rules can be changed or more appropriately revoked!

John C. are you listening?

Thanks.

:lol:
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by dkircher »

Rendezvous Albiners,

I have attached a draft schedule for your information. If you have suggestions for improving our schedule, please let either Howard or me know.

The rendezvous begins with our optional stopover on Lopez Island on July 10th. This informal anchoring in Aleck Bay has only a potluck dinner. Otherwise we'll just explore the area and share Albin stories.

The main event in Roche Harbor begins Friday afternoon/evening with a happy hour followed by dinner on your own.

We have made a change back to our old plan for Saturday. Since we have approximately 11 boats, we have a sufficient number to proceed with the catered barbeque dinner. See the attached for details.

We look forward to seeing everyone in the San Juans! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

THE POT LUCK IS BACK: Well, it was just too good to pass. Dave & I were worried about the number of boats but it appears we will have sufficient participation to go forward. Halsey's will arrive Sat. at the Barge/Tent and will be ready to serve by 6:30. We should all be there by 6 for some social time and preparation.

With Mark's Lopez and Roche we should have a really fine time.

Howard
Last edited by whwells on Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

HAVE YOU CONTACTED ROCHE? The list sent to us by Roche does not list all the boats expected. They will have all big weekends in July. Expect that our slips not asked for will be released as earlier as two weeks before the event.

Please be sure you have checked in and advised that you are a part of the AOG RENDEZVOUS.

HOWARD
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Dave: Thus far I am unable to download or view your attachment. It may be the Mac is the problem. Can you post in any other format?
Howard
valtrent

Post by valtrent »

The Trent's are all set with Reel Flyer. Most likely will leave here either Wednesday or Thurs. We may see some friends in Friday Harbor on Wed.

On another subject, I have a stainless arch setup for a full cockpit cover that came with our boat and we prefer au naturelle so taking the best offer. Photo is attached. Very well made and strong. My number and email is in my profile.

Val and Alice Trent
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Post by coolchange »

So...getting close and the boat is almost ready for a 4 week trip...we are looking forward to the gathering at Roche and I am wondering just when a "happy hour" starts? ..or is it a point when enough boaters wander over and the bunch reaches some sort of critical mass?

The new plan is to leave Portland just after AM rush ( about 9AM) and drive to Bellingham to launch in afternoon and spend the night in the marina..then on is "whatever". The last two times we have been foiled on the same day launch due to either traffic or weather en route...so, we'll see what happens.

Anyone else going out of Bellingham on the 9th or tenth?
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Coolchange: The times are posted for the Happy Hour at least at Roche. The Thur. afternoon Lopez thing will probably be as we all are ready. I am leaving out of Anacortes Marina on Thur. before noon for Lopez Island. Assume there are reasons you want to leave from Bellingham perhaps for your return location. Expecting a smaller group at Lopez but it will be an exciting stop over. Are you planning to do Lopez as well. We all look forward to meeting you all.
Let me know if you want are coming through Anacortes.
Howard
Chuck Waygood
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Home, Treasure Island, Florida

Post by Chuck Waygood »

Howard, we in the East wish you and all the PNW good weather for the Fourth and a great rendezvous at Roche, as well as a fun party at Lopez. I am very glad you gave me the opportunity to see all that. In the meantime, Arthur and lots of rain are tamping down the celebrations back here, but the flag is flying! Happy Fourth everyone!
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by whwells »

Chuck: Nice to hear from you. Thank you for the good wishes. Weather looks good so far & the location is excelent. Wishing you all a safe Arthur experince. Happy 4th to you and family. Nice to hear from you. Still thinking about a 28te?
whwells "Howard"

Return to “Fourth Annual Pacific Northwest Rendezvous - 2014”