• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Rendezvous Details

Coordinators: Dave Kircher (dkicher) and Howard Wells (whwells)
http://www.rocheharbor.com/
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portland Oregon

Re: Rendezvous Details

Post by coolchange »

whwells wrote:Coolchange: The times are posted for the Happy Hour at least at Roche. The Thur. afternoon Lopez thing will probably be as we all are ready. I am leaving out of Anacortes Marina on Thur. before noon for Lopez Island. Assume there are reasons you want to leave from Bellingham perhaps for your return location. Expecting a smaller group at Lopez but it will be an exciting stop over. Are you planning to do Lopez as well. We all look forward to meeting you all.
Let me know if you want are coming through Anacortes.
Howard
Bellingham because I like the town, it takes 6 minutes longer to get to the ramp ( 6$ for both in and out ) and since I will be gone for a month the free parking is another bonus.

could you tell me where the Happy Hour times are posted? Maybe there will be more information I need to see as well.

RE Lopez...not sure but keeping the directions handy. :)

Thanks...and looking forward to meeting everyone.
1989 Albin 27 FC w/ Isuzu 157 hp, Ford 6.0 Diesel, giant trailer
6th, and most favorite boat yet
Cruising: Columbia River Portland to Bar, San Juans, Gulf Islands,
Desolation Sound, Sunshine Coast, Broughton Islands
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Post by dkircher »

Hi all,

The 2014 Pacific Northwest Albin Rendezvous at Lopez Island and Roche Harbor are just around the corner.

Here is the "final" schedule from your co-coordinators, Dave and Howard.

Also, I am reposting the location information on our Thursday night anchor out at Aleck Bay.

Please either email me (d2kircher[at]msn.com) or PM me if you have any questions.

See you soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by coolchange »

Thanks for the information..and the work to get this going.

Minor change: Tim and Jan Shea are on a boat named METANOIA not Coolchange...that was 3 boats ago but still remains my name for posting on boating boards...except when I am Coolchangewilly...because sometimes the CC moniker is taken and I add Willy since he was my most favorite boating dog of all time..(standard chocolate poodle). Anyway...keep an eye out for Metanoia.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

A25 "La Dolce Vita", aka DesertAlbin736 posting from Lopez Village library, while anchored in Fishermans Bay.

Have been out of web contact since launching from Bellingham on Sunday, 6/22, since we don't use smart phones or have cell modem for tablet.

Islands visited so far: Inati Bay, Lummi Island; Matia Island; Fossil Bay on Sucia; Reid Harbor on Stuart (including hike to Turn Pt Light); day stop at Friday Harbor for provisions & fuel. Anchored in Fishermans Bay on Lopez since Weds nite. Will stay 1 more nite at Fishermans, then head up to Rosario to get a slip & use their showers, indoor pool & jacuzzi. After that maybe Blind Bay or Spencer Spit before we head back down the East side of Lopez to Aleck Bay?

4th of July fireworks display at Fisherman's Bay last night was AWESOME! Can't post them from here, but do have pix & video. Echoes of thunderous reports across the water and bouncing off the hills sounded like a WWII artillery barrage. They sure do it up right for a small village pop 2500. Fireworks show was as good or better than we've seen Glendale, AZ put on, a suburban city of 400,000. Also walked to the village yesterday morning to watch their annual parade. What fun to see a good old fashioned 4th. Got back to the boat just in time before the rain started.

Looking forward to seeing you all at Aleck Bay on Thurs & Roche on Friday. We have our slip reserved. We'll probably be the smallest boat there, but that also seems to be the case at each anchorage we visit.

So far the cruise has been as good as any we've ever done.

Steve & Helen
La Dolce Vita
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Swells
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Esquimalt Harbour

Post by Swells »

We're hoping to make it to the Roche Rendezvous. Just waiting to hear back if the marina can accommodate us. We're a little late in the planning I'm afraid but looking forward to meeting all of you from Albin Owners! We have an Albin 25 so hopefully they can squeeze us in!
Forth to the open ocean - called by a new day
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Baron & Linda (Swells/Transition) Nice to hear from you. As far as Dave and I know there is still a slip available. Please confirm with us the number expected and I will call Roche & confirm that you are expected. PLEASE LET ROCHE KNOW YOU ARE WITH THE ALBIN GROUP and you likely will get a slip.

Need Number and names of parties expected. You can reach us here on the AOG Rendevous site or send me a PM. We do want you to join us. I now recall we have communicated in the past and that you are also a member of the BC Group.

whwells "Howard"
Markv
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Suburban Edison, Washington

Post by Markv »

Caught a nice 12 lb King on Saturday. I'll smoke it tomorrow for Thursday consumption!

Mark
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Hi Mark: Good news indeed. Glad you posted. Since you will have fresh smoked salmon I won't bring a

Trying to determine how many will make Lopez. Pat & I plan to be there. Are you leaving for Lopez Thur. AM or before.

Howard
dkircher
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bremerton Yacht Club, Bremerton, WA USA

Post by dkircher »

Rendezvousers,

I have some not so good news. Amazing Adventure overheated yesterday. The mechanics came on board and removed the impeller, coolers and heat exchanger. The coolers and heat exchanger are off the boat and on their way to a shop for cleaning.

We'll be coming by ferry to Roche since the boat won't be ready in time for the Lopez stopover or the rendezvous.

Howard will be you host until Denise and I arrive on Saturday morning. See you in Roche Harbor. :?
Dave
Former 28 TE Owner
coolchange
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by coolchange »

Boating ...you never know what the adventure will bring. Hope you get fixed without a lot of hassle..or expense..and back on the water.
Markv
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Suburban Edison, Washington

Post by Markv »

We are leaving Anacortes tomorrow afternoon.
sharffj
First Mate
First Mate

Post by sharffj »

Our plan is to be at Lopez by Thursday late afternoon. Will leave Portland fairly early Thursday AM and need to replace midship bilge which hopefully won't take too long. Just depends on Seattle traffic

Return to “Fourth Annual Pacific Northwest Rendezvous - 2014”