• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New member: Andiamo 35CB

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Andiamo
Swabby
Swabby

New member: Andiamo 35CB

Post by Andiamo »

Hello all, I have been interested in Albins, and have been reading this forum for a while, so I am pleased to say that I finally bought one! After a lot of family discussion about how we would use the boat, I bought a 2003 35 CB. We took delivery a few weeks ago, but, due to the weather, kids' sports, and my work schedule, I only just brought her to her mooring in Marblehead, MA, on Friday. My last boat was a Trojan 32, and I previously had a sailboat, so this is my first single diesel powerboat. I love it! The ride is great, and it is very smooth with the 370 Yanmar. The large rudder and keel ensure positive steering, with much more stability than a typical twin gas powerboat. After spending most of the weekend aboard, the whole family likes the extra space and convenience offered by the low bridge. So far, so good. The only glitch has been that the Lofrans windlass only works intermittentently on the way up, with only the solenoid clicking most of the time. Has anyone else faced this provlem? Also, the stereo doesn't work on either ship or shore power. Any ideas appreciated.

TIA,

Don
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Welcome!

Post by RicM »

Congrats, great boat and you will enjoy this forum, it's helped me a lot. Radio problem sonds like a fuse. Check the circuit with a multi-meter. They sell a great little one at Radio Shack, yellow about the size of your cell phone if you don't already have one. Small enough & cheap enough to leave aboard. I was surprised to find many user installed accesories on my boat double fused(!). An inline fuse on a DVD player hooked up to a fuse block with a second fuse.
Windlass motors need a lot of volts. Check connections for corrosion. Clean & tighten.
You've owned boats before, start with the cheapest solution and work up!
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Welcome

Post by Legacy »

Welcome and it's great to have another 35 owner on board! Marblehead is great too - - we're there quite often so we'll check out your new boat. I popped the Windlass breaker twice on my boat - - itr takes a lot of juice but if I nudge the boat up as the lines comes in it works great. Congratulations.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
Andiamo
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Andiamo »

Hey, thanks, guys, I'll give your suggestions a try. Please don't hesitate to let me know of any other issues of which I should be aware. ITM, I hope to see you on the water!

Don
bnoft

Post by bnoft »

I have an '03 35 CB also and at the risk of sounding dumber than I am, there is a switch on the DC panel marked radio, which I never remember to turn on before turning on the stereo. I don't know what I think "radio" means, VHF maybe?
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Andiamo,
Welcome to the board! I have the 28 and love it. The 35 is my next boat. Of course my wife says this is our last boat. <smile>
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “New Member Introductions”