• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member - Joe Baar

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
joe.baar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

New Member - Joe Baar

Post by joe.baar »

We brought "Liberty" down to Port of Everett from Bellingham Yachts on 9/2/07. This is our first boat, although I was a Sea Explorer in the late 1950's and I grew up on the beach south of the Fauntleroy ferry dock.

Very glad to find this group. I've discovered the density of equipment in the small spaces between the shell and accommodation makes it difficult for a real novice like me to understand what system I'm looking at, or even how to find it. For instance - don't laugh too hard, please - I can find the fresh water filler but so far not the tank; I think I identified a small accumulator on the bulkhead just forward of the battery boxes but is the valve attached to it the main water service shut-off? Does the Jabsco - PAR marine toilet flush with fresh or salt and where is the valve or seacock to enable that? A thousand questions every week.

This TE is a 1995 model that's been well cared for and the Yanmar is almost new, 120 hours in July 2007. We feel really fortunate to have found her. Let's see if attaching a photo actually works.
(former owners)
Joe Baar and Suzanne Lammers
1995 28TE "Liberty" 6LPA hull# 132
Ballard
Capt Paul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Paul »

Welcome to the board Joe Baar!

I'm not sure how a 1995 is set up, I have a 1999 vintage. My water tank is under the quarter berth, fill is on port side cockpit step. The salt water intake for my head is located under the helm seat or there abouts....

Good luck with your new first boat. Take a boating safety class if you haven't already. They are well worth it!!

Paul
1999 Albin 28 TE "Antoinette"
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Welcome to the board and good luck with your new Albin. We are just finishing up our third season with our 28 Te and we love it. You may need to spend some time laying on your back in the bilge following hoses, wires etc. to get familiar with where everything is. My head used to be raw water fed but I have since converted it. The sea cock for the head is under the helm seat area as are the sea cocks for the engine and waste outlet. The Y-valve is in the same location under the helm. Fresh water fill up is in the side of the step on the port side, waste pump outlet is on the starboard side mid ship and the fuel fill is on the starboard side rear. Your boat may be the same but there are differences in years and engines. There are quite a few very knowledgeable owners out here that can help when you need it. Denis :)
Former Owner of
1994 28'TE
"Red Stripe"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to the board Joe! We love questions and lending a hand. That's how I learned.
Your water tank questions were answered by Capt Paul. Nice shine on that hull. Has it been painted?

Great looking boat!
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

http://www.albinowners.net/images/te28bulletin.pdf

I echo the welcome Joe. She looks like a fine hull.

The link above brings you to the 28TE schematics, which are a sticky on the 28TE forum. They should be very helpful for you to get to know your boat. These are a great reference, but as you will find out, depending upon delivered equipment, additions by owners and power plants your hull may vary. Have fun and enjoy getting to know and running your Albin.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
joe.baar
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Everett, WA

New Member Welcome

Post by joe.baar »

Thanks to everyone for all the information and warm welcome.

Paul, Suzanne and I are signed up for a Power Squadron class beginning later this month.

John, As far as I can tell the hull has not been painted, it just has a really heavy color coat; the boat is rumored to have been kept in a barn on Orcas Island or at Gig Harbor, I can't tell which, so not much weathering has occurred; and possibly the previous owner had it professionally buffed up before Bellingham Yachts took possession. It is pretty shiny.

Pitou, Those schematics are exactly what I was looking for. I requested a "set of drawings" from Albin Marine earlier this week but no response yet. This is really helpful. I know each boat is a little different but knowing what the original intention was, allows me to make educated rather than blind guesses about the equipment.

Thank you all so much.
(former owners)
Joe Baar and Suzanne Lammers
1995 28TE "Liberty" 6LPA hull# 132
Ballard
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Welcome Joe

Very pretty Albin! I like how the blue strip sets it apart from other 28s. Haven't seen one like that before!

You will find alot of great info here. I have a 1994 28TE with a Jabsco. It takes raw water into the head. Very small holding tank :roll:

Gery Garcia
Donya
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bellingham

Post by Donya »

Welcome Joe,

We also bought our 28TE from Bellingham Yacht Sales and just completed a 650 mi trip up the inside passage today. A fine boat they are. :D

Mariner has posted a Albin owners get together for next year for us left coasters.
Don and Taunya
2003 28TE -Dog On It-
Commodore Bellingham Wheel and Keel
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

That's a mighty fine looking 28. I love that pin stripe! And the stripe around the pilot house too!

Return to “New Member Introductions”