• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

We gotta get busy

Chesapeake Rendezvous Coordinator - StockHR (Mike) - This just keeps getting better!
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

We gotta get busy

Post by jcollins »

I got around to playing with the list that Mariner purchased for the board. There are alot of Albin owners out there that we need to reach out to. I'll use this list for a mailing to introduce the board and provide information about the 2008 rendezvous. Our tenative location is Rock Hall, MD. I have one volunteer to take the lead. I'll announce who when it's confirmed. I'll take second chair and provide as much support as possible while keeping the board going.
It's not too early to form committees and start the ball rolling.
Suggestions:

Location committee
Entertainment committee
Food committee
Welcoming committee

These are only suggestions and any one person can be on more than one committee.

I have a list available of all boats in the Del-Mar-Va area if anyone wants it. Too long to list here. <smile>
Last edited by jcollins on Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
StockHR
Gold Member
Gold Member

2008 Rendezvous

Post by StockHR »

John, as we discussed I would be very happy to take the lead for the 2008 Rendezvous. I think Haven Harbour Marina in Rock Hall is a great location. I know they could handle a large amount of boats and any overflow could use Osprey Marina next door or anchor out in the Swan Creek which as you know is one of the best anchorages on the Chesapeake. With two pools and a very nice picnic area this a perfect spot.

Your right, it is never too early to get started.

Mike
MaryGrace
Albin 34
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Mike,
Thanks for stepping up and confirming!
Looks like your the Admiral for this event.
We talked about Haven Harbour last year. This place is a very nice marina with a great staff, plenty of room, and good facilities. Here is a link to the marina: http://www.havenharbour.com/index.php
John
Mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Post by Mike »

Mike
Assuming they won't put me on midights after promotion- I would like to help you with whatever you'll need

Beth
Time Out Annapolis
StockHR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by StockHR »

Mike, thanks your in! John, could you recolumn the list in your message so we don't have to scroll so long.

Thanks

Mike
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

StockHR wrote:Mike, thanks your in! John, could you recolumn the list in your message so we don't have to scroll so long.

Thanks

Mike
Done!
John
StockHR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Update

Post by StockHR »

Met with the manager of Haven Harbour Marina about the rendezvous and although he would be very glad for us to hold it there he was unwilling to kick in much beyond a free bag of ice. The problem is that these marinas have such a good weekend business they don't need the big groups. However, it would be a great place to hold our rendezvous it has great facilities with the 2 pools, picnic area, and of course Rock Hall. I think it is still the right place especially with the barbecue area where we could hold a nice cookout instead of trying to get everyone into a restaurant.
Any thoughts?

Mike
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

Mike:

Sounds good to me. Do we want to try for a May or June date ?

Dick
Richard
Albin Owner Emeritus
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

For whatever it is worth, we are planning to be in the St Michaels/Tilghman Island area 4 times next year, 4 or 5 days early/mid April, 4 or 5 days early Aug, same early Sep & early Nov as we begin & end our RV trips.

Anyone got room for a 55' truck & trailer?
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
StockHR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by StockHR »

Veebyes, Haven Harbour can handle your rig. They will charge you a day rate, you will have electric, water and full use of the facilities. So as soon as we decide on a date maybe you can work it into your trip. Mike
Ray Morley
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rendezvous

Post by Ray Morley »

What happened to the idea of a rendezvous on Block Island? Coming down from Massachusetts (Cape Ann ) is a long haul to the Chesapeake. Is the block island trip off the table?

Ray Morley
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Re: Rendezvous

Post by DougSea »

Ray Morley wrote:What happened to the idea of a rendezvous on Block Island? Coming down from Massachusetts (Cape Ann ) is a long haul to the Chesapeake. Is the block island trip off the table?

Ray Morley
Hey Ray,

You're just in the wrong forum - check the posts in the New England Rendezvous section to cast your vote for location (Block is one of several possibilities) and schedule.

I've not been pushing too much yet to get the various players lined up, figured we'd get going just after the new year to really get planning. There's also a decent chance we'll do more that one trip this year, maybe one early, one mid-season and a Fall. We'll see.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
StockHR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by StockHR »

No problem! We would love to have all the New England owners come to the Chesapeake for our get together.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

StockHR wrote:No problem! We would love to have all the New England owners come to the Chesapeake for our get together.
I know I'd love to come but...it's a LONG ride!

We bought our boat last summer (2006) in Kent Narrows and it was a long two day ride to get back to the western end of Long Island Sound.

Now if you could guarantee some nice weather so I could actually see the scenery as we went by (it was complete rain and fog when we went) I could be tempted!

(And of course the reverse is true, you're all welcome to join us up here!!)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Doug,
You will win the prize for the longest trip! Perfect weather guaranteed!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
John

Return to “Second Annual Chesapeake Albin Rendezvous 2008”