• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Date Set! Information Here

Chesapeake Rendezvous Coordinator - StockHR (Mike) - This just keeps getting better!
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Date Set! Information Here

Post by jcollins »

Our coordinator has set the date for the 20th through the 22nd of June.
Mike (stockhr) will post marina information this week.
Time to jump in and give him a hand.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
StockHR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by StockHR »

Chesapeake Albin Rendezvous 2008
Rock Hall, Maryland
June 20 – 22, 2008

20880 Rock Hall Avenue
Rock Hall, Maryland 21661
Phone: 410-778-6697 / 800-506-6697
email@havenharbour.com
http://www.havenharbour.com

The Haven Harbour Web site listed above shows all that the marina has to offer as well as directions for those coming by land cruiser.

Rock Hall, Maryland:
Located on the Eastern Shore 12 miles north of the Rt. 50 Bridge. Just across the bay from Baltimore, Md. The Rock Hall web site listed below shows all this unique fishing village has to offer.
http://www.rockhallmd.com/

Currently my idea is to take advantage of Haven Harbour's picnic area and have a cookout on Saturday night. It is a perfect spot to cookout after spending time in the pool and everyone could bring what they want to cook on the grills or go a 1/2 mile to the grocery store, while they are exploring the town on Saturday and purchase that 32 oz. steak.

Additional Information:
Mid Atlantic Rendezvous Coordinator - StockHR (Mike) WOW what a fancy title.

I intend to make my pickup truck available to anyone who needs to pick up supplys. However, the marina has bike rental for a small fee. There is also a West Marine in town which is within walking distance of the marina.

I will continue to make more information available as time goes on. As of today the marina would prefer each member call to make their individual slip reservation. I have reserved 12-15 slips. This is a big very popular marina that can and will handle more reservations, so make yours as soon as possible.

One last thought; if you prefer you can anchor out in Haven Creek and dingy into the marina for a small day fee. More to follow!
StockHR
Gold Member
Gold Member

New Jersey Members

Post by StockHR »

For those AOG members located in New Jersey, Rock Hall is an easy one day trip from Cape May. Through the Cape May Canal, up the Delaware, Through the Chesapeake Canal and down to Rock Hall. I've made the trip both ways a couple of times and it is a very nice trip. So any and all of our NJ AOG members are invited to attend this rendezvous. We would love to have you participate.

Mike
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Made my reservation with Dottie this morning.

See you there!
John
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

With just about a month to go and the official season starting this is a good time to remind everyone to get your reservations in. Haven Harbor is a very popular spot. I don't know if there is any other event going on the same weekend but slips could be tough to get.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!
John
StockHR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Update

Post by StockHR »

All of the boats currently registered are 28's and everyone is arriving Friday except "Great Gatsby" who is coming in on Thursday. I'm working on a informal itinerary and will post it soon. Also, I'm trying to get all of the boats at least on the same dock as close together as possible. I have noticed that very few of the slip holders are going out on weekends so slip availability will be interesting. There is another group coming the same weekend but so far only 6 boats have registered. I don't see any problems.

Mike
jcollins
In Memorium

Post by jcollins »

Thanks for organizing this event Mike! The first beer is on me.
John

Return to “Second Annual Chesapeake Albin Rendezvous 2008”