• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Solenoid wiring on '90, 6BT

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

River Dawg
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: St. Marys, GA

Solenoid wiring on '90, 6BT

Post by River Dawg »

We have a 1990 36' with a single Cummins 6BT. I recently removed the starter and solenoid to have them checked out. They were in good shape, but there is a (2nd ?) solenoid mounted below the starter and directly under one end of the heat exchanger. It looked like, over the years, water had dripped down onto this unit and it had become very rusty. I have purchased a replacement solenoid and am ready to mount it and wire it up, but I don't really know, since I made no drawings before taking it apart, how to connect it back up with the proper gage wires and where each one goes to or from. There is a drawing in my Cummins manual that shows the wires, but doesn't give any info on the gage for each wire. Is this info contained elsewhere in the mnl or in some other publication ? Any help would be appreciated . Thanx, Paul H.
P.hydrick
1990 36' Classic
St. Marys, GA
julio
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Tampa Fl

Re: Solenoid wiring on '90, 6BT

Post by julio »

solenoids work off low amps to high amps. so your small terminal should be connected with a smallers gauge wire signaling low amps. then your bigger 2 terminals should have your higher amp wires which should be like your battery cables or a bigger gauge wire

Return to “Albin Maintenance”