• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Yanmar 6LP temperature sensor

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

jms02050
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yanmar 6LP temperature sensor

Post by jms02050 »

Hi -

Looking for info from anybody who has replaced the temp sensor on a Yanamr 6LPA-STP. My boat is an 03.

I have a Beede combo gauge. Appears to be model 945731 10-02-02.
I was able to pull the following numbers from the existing sensor: 0655-7338.

I found that the sensor is bad by grounding it out with the ignition switched on and the temp on the gauge pegged as can be seen in the photo. The gauge had been stuck at 165 which led me on this journey.

Called a local Yanmar dealer to no avail. They couldn't determine which sensor.

I talked to 2 Yanmar mechanics hoping to source the sensor/sender:
    The first mechanic said it's a custom VDO gauge made for Albin. That doesn't make much sense to me unless Beede rebranded VDO gauges. No luck with him.
      The second mechanic who services the engine annually said it's a custom sensor from Beede and he'd need to try to source one through them.

Does anyone who has replaced the sensor have a part number or source? I can't imagine it's this tricky to chase down this part but no luck so far.
      tempImageRyOoWk.gif
      tempImageHAP7iy.gif
      tempImage5BiKYa.gif
      tempImage3GnPIn.gif
      tempImage05WIlL.gif
      You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
      Jim S.
      2003 28 TE - Full Circle

Return to “Albin Maintenance”