• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member own hull # 5 40 North Sea Cutter

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
George Fleming
Swabby
Swabby

New Member own hull # 5 40 North Sea Cutter

Post by George Fleming »

Hi to all members. I have always liked the Albin line of boats and when I decided to move up to a newer boat it was a long process to see what fit my needs and budget. My prior boat was a 1982 38' Ocean Nova trawler (Chien Hwa) My new NSC 40 was purchased from North Atlactic Marine Group but at the time of purchase was in RI for warranty work. I have read many of the comments regarding the problems in these initial models and can confirm that there have been a lot of fit and finish problems. Overall the boat proforms well in all sea conditions and has lived up to expectations. My dealings with Albin and the dealer have not.
The Dealer was no longer a dealer two weeks after I closed on the boat
My dealings with Albin left much to be desired. The recent closing of Albin Marine is sad. They had a long history producing strong sea kindly boats that held their value. I am lucky that the majority of my issues have been resolved. ( But not all ) I look forward to meeting new friends through this owners group and will try to make the June meeting.
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

CT broker question

Post by Legacy »

Welcome to the board. That North Sea Cutter is a real beauty. Curious to know who your broker was in CT? Hope you can make the Boston Rendezvous!

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to the group! I would really love to see some pictures of that boat.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “New Member Introductions”