• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

How many?

Albin's "power cruisers"
paulrhein
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Cinco Bayou Florida

How many?

Post by paulrhein »

I am just curious how many Albin 25 and 27 were produced? The Albin Cruisers 25 & 27 Owners on face book have about 1600 members. Now I realize not all members are owners. I have tried to keep the group down to owners only, but it seems a lot of people are angry that I am trying to restrict the members to owners. Please understand that the group is a public group and you don't have to be a member to read the post and see if a boat is "For Sale". If you wish to join the group please answer the questions and agree to the group rules.

Paul Rhein
https://www.facebook.com/groups/albincruisersowners
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: How many?

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

According to the Albineers of BC website there were about 2,000 A25's produced between 1968 to 1977 or '78. But unlike the A27's which were built in the US, the A25 was built in Sweden & therefore the bulk of A25's are in Europe. I would posit a rough guess that there may have been 200 to perhaps 300 that were imported to North America, the majority of those in Canada. It would be interesting to know how many A25's still exist in the US. My guess would be significantly less than 100. I know mine is the only one in the state of Arizona. You won't see me on Facebook, or Meta as it's now called, because this is the only social media site I'm on except occasionally lurking the BC Albineer site.

https://www.albinbc.com/albin-25-history
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

I know this is going to drag up the faceache debate again but I find this ironic that someone essentially “promoting” a Facebook group coming to a forum where the data isn’t lost in a sea of pointless crap to ask a question that should be easily available on the already established Facebook group?
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Took the words out of my deleted post.
tribologist
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Groton. Ct

Post by tribologist »

paulrhein wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 7:32 am I am just curious how many Albin 25 and 27 were produced? The Albin Cruisers 25 & 27 Owners on face book have about 1600 members. Now I realize not all members are owners. I have tried to keep the group down to owners only, but it seems a lot of people are angry that I am trying to restrict the members to owners. Please understand that the group is a public group and you don't have to be a member to read the post and see if a boat is "For Sale". If you wish to join the group please answer the questions and agree to the group rules.

Paul Rhein
https://www.facebook.com/groups/albincruisersowners

Entirely up to you how you manage the group. For reference: Albin 25 ägare has 1900 members. Some of the most valuable/helpful members are non owners. There is very little issues with non owners. Just throw out the t-shirt spammers.. I would rather allow for non owners and keep it a non public group. I have no interest in having coworkers and other friends comment on my Albin specific posts. That said, its yours and you do what you like with it.
Driftless
A25 1971 #737
South Windsor, Ct
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

According to the Albineers of BC website there were about 2,000 A25's produced between 1968 to 1977 or '78. But unlike the A27's which were built in the US, the A25 was built in Sweden & therefore the bulk of A25's are in Europe including about 350 sold in the UK. I would posit a rough guess that there may have been 200 to perhaps 300 that were imported to North America, the majority of those in Canada. It would be interesting to know how many A25's still exist in the US. My guess would be significantly less than 100. I know mine is the only one in the state of Arizona. You won't see me on Facebook, or Meta as it's now called, because this is the only social media site I'm on except occasionally lurking the BC Albineer site.

https://www.albinbc.com/albin-25-history
[/quote]
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Pegasus
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Palestine TX

Post by Pegasus »

It would be interesting to know how many A-25's are still floating around here in the U.S. I know of at least ONE here in Texas... ;)
"Skeeter"
1971 Albin 25 #748
Home Base- Palestine TX USA
Dieselram94
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Rockland, Maine

Post by Dieselram94 »

I Would guess most in U.S. are in Washington state?
Burton
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ellsworth, Maine

Post by Burton »

I know there are two, and am pretty sure there are 3 A25’s in Maine. It is surprising how many people in the boating world know what they are, though.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”