• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

What kind of fish?

Moderator: RobS

Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

What kind of fish?

Post by Legacy »

Because I'm tired of thinking about work, my brain turned to fishing. The wife aptly calls it fishbrain. Shrink wrap is coming off Legacy in about two weeks. Until the Stripes show north of Cape Cod after tax day, about the only fish around are cod and haddock. So that's what we'll be chasing first. Anyone else ready to wet a line?

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Well when I get back up to Long Island for my annual 2 week trip round memorial day I will be chasing weakfish almost exclusively! :shock:
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Salmon; Coho, Chinook, King, Steelhead, Silver....

And Crab; Dungeness and Red Rock.
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Holdover stripers

Post by Legacy »

Reports of the holdover stripers becoming active. Maybe between Easter family visits I can wet a line at one of the warm water discharges this weekend. Got the bug bad!

Salmon fishing sounds awesome, gotta try that one day! Heading to Vancouver next month for a new business pitch, maybe bring a rod with me.

Happy Easter.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
AlanD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by AlanD »

Mariner, I have heard bad reports about the Pacific Salmon populations taking a really bad turn for the worse, and things like shutting down fishing, etc... Any truth out there?

Alan
Alan
2008 28 TE NE
Brandon Marie
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

AlanD wrote:Mariner, I have heard bad reports about the Pacific Salmon populations taking a really bad turn for the worse, and things like shutting down fishing, etc... Any truth out there?

Alan
Yes. California and Oregon have essentially shut down their ocean fisheries, and Washington has signifcantly reduced theirs. However, here in Puget Sound, most of our salmon runs are resident, and don't leave the protected waters of the sound, and have been largely unaffected by whatever is going on out there. So, locally, our salmon seasons are the same as they've been for years.

Return to “Fishing”