• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member - AlanD

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

AlanD wrote:Ahh the "Where do we now keep her?" debate is underway at our household... I think we have landed on the answer though. The remainder of this season, she will be in Stamford at the Prestige Yacht area. This winter, she will be headed up to Westbook to stay there, again at the Prestige area. Next season, we were debating the Stamford/Norwalk area, as it is close. However, we timed the drive from our house to the Stamford slip, and then our house to the Westbrook area, the difference in drive was 30 minutes. This was not the factor though, it is the fishing that is driving us towards Westbrook now, Western Sound is under a lot of stress now with oxygen levels, and we love the bigger water fishing of Plum Gut, The Race, etc... My heart is telling me, she is going up the Westbrook way, and when we were up there, my wife loved the area, which helps. ;)

And of course, if we don't like the area, the beauty of boats is you can pilot her somewhere else!

But a great question to the folks here, any suggestions on good Marina's up that way? As we come right up I-95, I was trying to stay on our side of the CT river.
You're keeping the boat more than a 30 minute drive from your home? Wow, you must be very committed boaters.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

You're keeping the boat more than a 30 minute drive from your home? Wow, you must be very committed boaters.
I moved 16 years ago for a couple of reasons. One was to get closer to the marina. :lol: I went from a 20 minute drive to a 5. 8)

Who says "new baby, new house"? Sounds like "new boat, new house to me" :!: Let me know when you need a Realtor. :P
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
AlanD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by AlanD »

I think I am worse then a commtted boater, I am a devoted fisherman. My wife and kids want to use the boat for weekend sleepovers as well, and the Marina I need to find. as to have "something" to do for all. So we shall see.

Work wise, can't move farther up that way, so we shall see. :)
Alan
2008 28 TE NE
Brandon Marie

Return to “New Member Introductions”