• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Might be 2 Albin family!

gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Might be 2 Albin family!

Post by gerygarcia »

My parents recently sold their 44 Tollycraft and have been looking for a smaller single screw downeaster.

They may be putting an offer on a 35TE down in Florida.
Anyone here have a 35TE single screw? I know Legacy is 35TE but twin.
Resolution 28TE
Gery, Anne, Marissa and Gabby.
Legacy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Boston, MA

Post by Legacy »

I spoke with a guy on Nantucket who took his 35te with a single screw all the up from Florida. Loved it and loved the additional storage space with a single. I may have his card and will shoot him and e-mail inviting him to the board and your post. Besides planned cosmetic updates, we love the boat.

Rick
Rick
1998 Albin 35TE
"Legacy"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Check this out! For a few months I owned 2 Albins :shock: plus the 32' Evans on the right :roll:

1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 35

Post by gerygarcia »

Legacy wrote:I spoke with a guy on Nantucket who took his 35te with a single screw all the up from Florida. Loved it and loved the additional storage space with a single. I may have his card and will shoot him and e-mail inviting him to the board and your post. Besides planned cosmetic updates, we love the boat.

Rick
Hi Rick

You wouldn't happen to remember the name of the 35TE
I think the one my parents looked at was called blue dolphin, out of Punta Gorda FL
Resolution 28TE
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Just a followup.

They loved the boat, but it draws alot and it would be problematic when going through Center Moriches Shoaling/Shinnecock inlet area for when they want to go Northeast to any desitination like BI, Mystic, Nantucket etc. They would have to go west from Blue Point NY to Fire Island Inlet. A fuel burner and time killer to say the least.

28TEs draw 3'2" (probably more like 3"6" in my experiences) and are ultra careful in those areas only going at rising tide to high tide.

The 35TE single screw claims 3'10", but even the owner of the boat claims probably 6" more. That is a deal breaker for now.

They haven't ruled it out completely yet, but chances are looking less and less :cry:
Resolution 28TE

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”