• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

engine won't start

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

gmberkley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fairhaven, MA

engine won't start

Post by gmberkley »

Yanmar 6LPA-STP - 2005

This is our second season, never had an issue with the engine, touched the start button and it would fire off immediately. Last saturday, it turned over but didn´t catch, we have checked all the filters, (they were changed about 20 hours ago, fuel is clean, filters are full, the stop engine solenoid was checked and works fine, and when pulling the injectors, we are getting little to no fuel. Air is in the system, no idea how or why it suddenly appeared, and therefore no idea how to fix it. The only thing I can think of is there is a diaphragm on top of the injector pump, I assume it´s rubber, and as the engine is a 2005 with only 490 hours on it, I am concerned the rubber has dried and cracked, and a new injector pump is upwards of $5,000 which I don´t want to spend unless I´m totally convinced it´s shot...............any words of advise are most welcome.
Gregg M. Berkley 25 Ton Master USCG
2005 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck
Fairhaven, MA

Return to “Albin Maintenance”