• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Dog Crane install

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Dog Crane install

Post by DCatSea »

As mentioned sometime in the past, my 6lb Boykin Spaniel pup is all grown up and now weighs 38lbs dry. Hauling her back inboard when wet presented a problem, especially with the Albin 30" freeboard. SO:

I negotiated a good price for a used 100lb motor crane at Bacon Sails in Annapolis, and installed it on the newly strengthened taff-rail. I now have the wherewithal to lift Daisy Mae inboard with a block and tackle, thus reducing her wet weight to manageable.
IMG_1017.jpg
IMG_0376.jpg

I also installed a pair of old-guy handrails on the front of the wheelhouse (and then promptly fell off the swim platform).
IMG_1018.jpg
IMG_1019.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Pegasus
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Palestine TX

Re: Dog Crane install

Post by Pegasus »

That is a great idea. Our dog has filled out as well and is quite the "arm load" to get on board sometimes. One of these might be ideal.
"Skeeter"
1971 Albin 25 #748
Home Base- Palestine TX USA
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: Dog Crane install

Post by DCatSea »

It's a Forespar Motor Lift. I was lucky enough to get it "used" for half price. Also very easy to install.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03

Return to “General Discussion”