• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28TE Flush Deck engine access

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

mars075
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: None yet

28TE Flush Deck engine access

Post by mars075 »

I enjoy reading all remarks, whether there relevant to me or not. I am new boat owner.
My 1999 Albin 28 is my first serious boat and I love it, I'm 84 and my wife is 80.
We go out several times a week for a couple of hours and my infatuation with the boat seems to be growing.
In my marina we are surrounded by SeaRays, but we still love the design of the boat.
I have seen Albin models with flush decks and it seems that they would be more comfortable. I was serious about selling my boat and
purchasing the flush deck version, until a mechanic told me that the engines are very hard to work on.
Is there any merit to this

Any thoughts
mike marshak
gmberkley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Fairhaven, MA

Re: 28TE Flush Deck engine access

Post by gmberkley »

I have a 2005 TE Flush Deck, with a Yanmar 315 hp diesel, the starboard side is very accessible, the port side is a bit more challenging, but doable. replacing the zincs on the aft of the engine is a PIA, but only once a year, and takes 10 minutes, so I'll live with it. I have yet to see any vessel with great access to all mechanical parts of the boat. I guess the bottom line is how much work are you going to do on engine.........replacing the impellor on my boat requires removal of the water pump, it can't be replaced any other way, but still respectably accessible on the port side. hope it helps
Gregg M. Berkley 25 Ton Master USCG
2005 Albin 28 TE Flush Deck
Fairhaven, MA
Albin28McKinney
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Tarpon Springs, Florida

Re: 28TE Flush Deck engine access

Post by Albin28McKinney »

I have a 2005 28 TE Flush Deck with a Volvo D6-310. It is definitely challenging to work on the port side of the motor but I have replaced several hoses, the starter and the oil pressure sending unit. Took some time but i would take the tight area to have the flush deck.

Return to “General Discussion”