• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 35TE Incoming

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

GeorgeS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bristol, RI

Albin 35TE Incoming

Post by GeorgeS »

New (to us) Albin 35TE Incoming

This is a quick thank you note from my wife and I to the online AOG' for all you do for us . We have recently been successful in acquiring a real gem of a new boat for our soon-to-be retirement plans, a 2001 Albin 35 TE dual Yanmar 6 LPA-STE diesel from a lovely RI couple who kept her in superlative condition. She will soon undergo a traditional renaming ceremony and become the new replacement "2nd Wind".
The previous 2nd Wind, a 28 TE yr. 2000 with a 6LPA-STE Yanmar has been acquired by an exceptional couple of more youthful RI boatowners ( she was assistant Harbormaster in Warren RI) and was looking very sharp while effortlessly churning out 21 kts at her sea trial last week,

In addition to extending our sincere and heartfelt thanks to AOG we would like to offer a grateful salute to some noteworthy entities who have been so helpful to us :
a) Brad Neimiec, Diesel of Niemiec Marine service par excellence out of New Bedford , Ma.
b) Safe Harbor Sakonnet, and their SH network of incredibly capable, gracious and honest RI Marinas
c) James Hilton, SAMS of EBCS Marine Surveyors and supremely Albin-knowledgeable top-tier marine expert.
d) Capt. Paul Allen, Corliss Diesel, mechanical inspector and diesel expert

With a top-tier team like that on your side you can't go wrong.
George S.
images 2nd Wind photo.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
jfrdcl
Swabby
Swabby

Re: Albin 35TE Incoming

Post by jfrdcl »

Congratulations and best wishes with the new boat. This group has indeed been an invaluable resource! We’ve learned so much from the info provided here and look forward to soon being owners of a well kept Albin 28!
JRego
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Post by Jkraft »

Contrats George! I had thought about this boat pretty hard when it was last for sale. Both previous owners only had it for a short amount of time. I am glad it worked out so well for you. May she bring you many years of happiness.
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
GeorgeS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GeorgeS »

Dear Jkraft,
Thank you for your good wishes, especially coming from a USCG Master mariner. The previous owners both sort of aged out of boating in their four score years, but both added immensely to the technical seaworthiness of this very well designed 31TE on steroids. I had no doubts about the integrity of The last owner who actually had the OBE designation after his name, born only by the Crown honored members of the Order of the British Empire, so we were privileged to be able to acquire her.
Fair winds and following seas to you.
GeorgeS.
Jkraft
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chestertown, MD

Post by Jkraft »

GeorgeS wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:20 am Dear Jkraft,
Thank you for your good wishes, especially coming from a USCG Master mariner. The previous owners both sort of aged out of boating in their four score years, but both added immensely to the technical seaworthiness of this very well designed 31TE on steroids. I had no doubts about the integrity of The last owner who actually had the OBE designation after his name, born only by the Crown honored members of the Order of the British Empire, so we were privileged to be able to acquire her.
Fair winds and following seas to you.
GeorgeS.
Of course. Also I’d be interested in buying the Hurley davits off of you if you are interested in selling them. If so feel free to send me a message
USCG 100 Ton Master

Current boat:
"New Classic"
2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp

Previous boats:
2002 28 TE with 315 Yanmar “Hair Of The Dog”
GeorgeS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GeorgeS »

Closing on the Albin 28TE without Broker assistance went very well due to excellent buyer participation . All sales documents are available online from USBoat or USCG websites.
My suggestion for an efficient and safe funds transfer is to use your own bank or credit union's wire-funds service, bank-to-bank.. This avoids lengthy waits for checks to clear and any possible delays.
Happy Wakes to You All, don't start a new voyage on Friday, and once again Bravo AOG for all you do. I am gratefully sending you another contribution next week.

GeorgeS.
PS :Our New 35TE came with two Albin Owner's Group hats only slightly used, so YEY Albineers !

Return to “General Discussion”