• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Please tell me about "the ride"

jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

That's when I lost "the Admiral" to John's point
To sum it up: The admiral picked out the Albin. That's when I got her back.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Brother Albin

Post by Brother Albin »

Well school's out on Thursday here in CT so the Admiral is joining me on the sea trial. Right now she'd be perfectly happy land cruising. If the Albin wins her over it will truly be a credit to the brand!
AlanD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by AlanD »

I just brought my Albin to Lake Michigan and I have been using her non-stop on the big lake. Have made many trips with friends who were stunned on her ride in big waves and how she handles at slow speeds (2.5 mph) in heavy chop. Lots of words like dream ride, stable, a pleasure to fish, etc...

Last Sunday I stayed in the depths too long and had to race back to port to beat a storm.... (Son was fighting a big salmon and we had to finish that task...) The wind kicked up some nice waves for us, and never had a worry getting back into the harbor.

All in all, here in Lake Michigan so far, nothing but good comments on the boat, the ride and the seaworthiness.

Alan
Alan
2008 28 TE NE
Brandon Marie
Brother Albin

Post by Brother Albin »

Alan,
That is impressive. I remember reading an article in Wooden Boat magazine a few years ago about Lyman boats. There were made famous due to their ability to handle the unique short chop of the Great Lakes. What is really coming out here is the versatility of this hull. Not only can it handle offshore seas but the unique challenges of the Great Lakes. I'm all set for my 11:00 AM sea trial on Friday. I just hope that my gracious volunteer captain will be up for heading for the breakers at the Saybrook Light and every boat wake I can find.
DrNickS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Rockport, MA

Albin 28 ride - Power Boat Reports

Post by DrNickS »

According to Power Boat Reports review in 1997 the Albin 28 is “the finest tracking boat of any size tested to date.” PBR is no longer published. It is a great loss and I miss it.
Nick Senzamici
Adagio, 28TE 2001
Rockport, MA
Neal Pleasant

28TE

Post by Neal Pleasant »

I have moved down from a 50'MY to my 2005 Albin 28'TE and I am
really impressed with its seakeeping qualities. It has the power to
get up an run on top of a choppy sea and handles a following sea
really well. My only real complaint is it takes a football field to turn
the boat around due to a very small rudder. P.S. "For every day you
spend on the water you add 7 days to your life."