• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Long Island South Shore Get Together

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Gery, At least you salvaged the day. Matt and I were at the end of the C/D dock waving over to you but could tell your attention had to be elsewhere. We figured we'd help you unload and then set you up on the hook until a slip opened up. Oh well, we will try again. I guess that same wind that was keeping us cool and mosquito free was keeping your wipers going :D
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Sayville NY

Post by mhanna »

Gery, sorry we missed out on hooking up with you and the family. Im sure we will sooner or later :P
It was a good time and really relax when just hanging out.

As Rob said the fog was heavy, as we left Watch Hill I could see the sides of boats in front of me and thought why is that happening in such a narrow canal. People were turning around to head back. I know everyone in front of me turned around and I know Rob was 5 boats behind me. I could see 1 boat behind me on the radar and when I made it to the end I stopped and it was Rob come out of the canal, no one else. Its nice to have and know how to use electronics and feel ok to do so.... I have a picture at home and will post later today.
Rob I also heard a couple of small boats zipping around, saw them on radar and heard them but never saw them....

Brian (Elizabeth Ann) I keep my boat in Browns river, a short run from Watch Hill.

Matt
2001 28TE - Doghouse
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Gery, BTW - Resolution looked real classy when you pulled into the marina. I like the symmetry of the antenna's on both sides of the radar dome. What do you have a VHF and an AM/FM? We should do a raft up next, so it's easier to get our schedules together for a few hours and then there's no issues of getting slips, etc.

Matt, Look fwd to the picture(s) - Wish I'd had the camera out more over the weekend.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

mhanna wrote:Gery, sorry we missed out on hooking up with you and the family. Im sure we will sooner or later :P
It was a good time and really relax when just hanging out.

As Rob said the fog was heavy, as we left Watch Hill I could see the sides of boats in front of me and thought why is that happening in such a narrow canal. People were turning around to head back. I know everyone in front of me turned around and I know Rob was 5 boats behind me. I could see 1 boat behind me on the radar and when I made it to the end I stopped and it was Rob come out of the canal, no one else. Its nice to have and know how to use electronics and feel ok to do so.... I have a picture at home and will post later today.
Rob I also heard a couple of small boats zipping around, saw them on radar and heard them but never saw them....

Brian (Elizabeth Ann) I keep my boat in Browns river, a short run from Watch Hill.

Matt
Matt
Reminds me of a trip I did out of 3 mile harbor two years ago. Real pea soup fog. Not a boat leaving except us. Radar and GPS are a godsend! I did get a little out of whack under way. Couldn't judge speed because it was dead calm and the boat seemed still even though I was doing 10kts in the clear (radarwise). I have a spare air horn for close encounters. My wife shoots a blast to warn the smaller boats (since they don't have radar). If you don't have to leave, sometimes its better to turn around (which I guess a lot of the boats did). Sometimes you just gotta go :roll:
Resolution 28TE
Gery, Anne, Marissa and Gabby.
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

RobS wrote:Gery, BTW - Resolution looked real classy when you pulled into the marina. I like the symmetry of the antenna's on both sides of the radar dome. What do you have a VHF and an AM/FM? We should do a raft up next, so it's easier to get our schedules together for a few hours and then there's no issues of getting slips, etc.

Matt, Look fwd to the picture(s) - Wish I'd had the camera out more over the weekend.
Rob,
Thanks for the compliment on Resolution. The port antenna is a spare. I can hook up a handheld from a connection I have behind the captains chair.
There's a lot of nice detail on Resolution that are quite unique. You'll see it up close one of these days. :lol:
Resolution 28TE
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

gerygarcia wrote:There's a lot of nice detail on Resolution that are quite unique. You'll see it up close one of these days. :lol:
I'm sure there is - the "eye lids" over your ports were noticed right away and give her a real personality...
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

I am the third owner of Resoluion.
The first was a retired architect in Maryland (I think). Boat was originally white. The second owner resprayed her blue. The architect (first owner) did alot of nice custom work around and about. Inside has parkay flooring, custom built cabinets and nice teak floorboard in the head. Really nice AC setup as well. Second owner redid the upholstery (which will probably need to be done in the next few years)

Outside has 2 nice electronics boxes and very nice captains chairs not standard on A28s. There was a folding bench seat in the back which was a nice thought (second owner), but not very comfortable or funcitional. I removed it a put two nice deck chairs and a big cooler which functions as another seat - not custom, but much more useful and comfortable.

Second owner completely rewired her and has a strange setup where the air con is completely separate from the other AC power. He must of had his reasons, but I can't see why he did it that way. The Air Con doesn't take that much juice to run.

We've replaced the electronics and put a dripless seal shaft - not much else needed to be done to her, but she needs just lttle TLC from stuff that has worn away alittle over time. Everyone thinks she's a 4 yr old boat, but she's a 94! A little cleaning is all she needs every once in a whle. Love the low maintenance of the Albins!!!!!!!!

We really lucked out with her and are quite happy with her.
Resolution 28TE
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

gerygarcia wrote:Boat was originally white. The second owner resprayed her blue.
I thought it seemed a tad darker or "blacker" than my blue hull. Is it? Have you been along side blue Albins with factory gelcoat to compare? It appeared to have a real good shine - do you know if it's Awlgrip or Imron?
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

I believe it's Awlgrip. It was done at Coecles Marina in Shelter Island. They did a superb job as it's holding up pretty well over time. I haven't compared side by side, but from afar, they look the same to me, but it might be a little darker.
RobS wrote:
gerygarcia wrote:Boat was originally white. The second owner resprayed her blue.
I thought it seemed a tad darker or "blacker" than my blue hull. Is it? Have you been along side blue Albins with factory gelcoat to compare? It appeared to have a real good shine - do you know if it's Awlgrip or Imron?
Resolution 28TE
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mhanna »

Here is a picture of the fog as I was coming back into my canal. I was thinning up as I came back to the mainland but it shows it was a tough day.

Matt
2001 28TE - Doghouse
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RobS »

Cool shot. Is that the East Jetty across from Land's End? Any weddings go on when you were coming in? I would think a good photographer would make favorable use of those conditions....
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)

Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

I believe it is Rob.
mhanna
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mhanna »

Yes that was the east side... No weddings going on.... outside anyway...
I dont know but I've been told that humidity and those fancy hair dews dont go together :shock:
2001 28TE - Doghouse
gerygarcia
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by gerygarcia »

Funny, my sister's wedding reception was a Lands End years ago. In fact, she's married to a Lessing (who own many restaurants on Long Island) :D

Edit: scratch that, her wedding reception was at the Riverview. I always get those mixed up :oops:
Resolution 28TE

Return to “Cruising”