• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

fish box on a 28 te

ctoolman

fish box on a 28 te

Post by ctoolman »

how big?

anybody have pics with ice/fish in it?

thanks
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Big

Post by RicM »

This photo might not help much as it doesn't show context, but the fish in the box are both about 36". Big is relative, the fish box in a 28 is fine for striped bass and would easily hold a dozen 20 lb fish. It would be small if you were primarily targeting tuna.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
ctoolman

Post by ctoolman »

thnks,i have not been on an albin so i was not sure how big it was.

it actually looks bigger than i thought but we would have to still have another storage area for more fish..

again thank you..
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Fish Box

Post by RicM »

The fish box I am talking is in the transom and is about 3 feet deep, lot's of storage there. The two storage areas in the sole are not really suitable for fish storage as they drain into the bilge, and are too small for keeper size bass.
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
AlanD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by AlanD »

I met a guy last week who actually tried storing fish in his floor boxes that drained into the bilge area. He was not pleased in a few days when it got really hot and all the fish gue started getting ripe down there.

I have been using my live well as a fish box as well, with the drain out. Holds the Ice and Salmon well, and easy to clean out at end of day.
Alan
2008 28 TE NE
Brandon Marie
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

When your not storing fish it's a pretty good beer cooler too.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Post by Carl »

I have a 2006 flush deck that in addition to the fish boxes in the stern also has a large fish box in the floor. This box is about 3' x3'x 1' deep and drains over the side via a mascerator pump. I used it this spring for large stripers and clean up was very easy. Hose it down and turn on the pump. The down side was a 20lb bag of ice didnt last long.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
JackK
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Post by JackK »

Like Carl I have the flush deck model. Here's a photo of the center fish box in use.

The box has a macerator pump on the drain for easy cleaning. I use the saltwater washdown to keep the fish happy for quite awhile. I haven't had the pleasure of filling it with ice and tuna ... yet !! Hope to soon.

Jack
former boat .. 2003 28 TE Flushdeck Dogonit

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”