• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hole in the water around my hole in the water....

chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Hole in the water around my hole in the water....

Post by chiefrcd »

Weeeeell.......it won't be long and everything on my 99 Albin is going to be new :shock:

After a pretty expensive launching..hauling...fixing...launching I finally thought I'd paid my boating dues for the year.....HA!!!!! You'd think after owning boats for 30 some odd years I would have known better.

Went down a few weeks ago and the AC wasn't cooling. I was hoping for something simple like a recharge. No such luck...apparently the compressor had gone bad and after examining my 9 year old AC we decided that due to the amount of rust and corrosion and the cost of the labor to remove the unit and install a new compressor, it would be better to replace the entire unit. The guest-a-mat that I got on the price was around 1500.00 plus labor...the actual cost was more like 2500.00 plus labor. Oh well...now if I could just find the time to get it out of the slip.......
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Chief,
Now I understand why we haven't had any fishing reports from the lower bay. Sorry to hear that 2008 has not been a great boating season..YET.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Thanks John,
We're putting in 6 day weeks and driving 120 miles a day round trip to work the store....we will close on Sundays after Labor day so hopefully I can get some fall feeshn' in.
Albin 28TE "Southwind"

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”