• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member, San Juan Islands, WA

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Ben
Mate
Mate

New Member, San Juan Islands, WA

Post by Ben »

Hello All,

New to the owners group and I hope you don't mind, I actually own a 84' Bonum 25, she is basically an Albin 25 hull with a different layout inside and above decks. (There doesn't seem to be a Bonum owners group) Powered by her original Volvo Penta MD17D raw water cooled engine which apparently now has a blown head gasket after spending considerable time cleaning out the exhaust manifold due to overheating. Oh well you know what they say about buying a boat.

I love most things about the boat and what it has to offer in this size boat. Very excited about future journeys, and meeting some fellow owners.

Ben
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

HI Ben,
Welcome to the group. Thanks for posting information about your boat. I never heard of Bonum until today. I ran a quick search and only found a couple. Still made in Sweden?

Welcome aboard.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
kolive
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kolive »

Hello Ben,

I think I might have met you right after you had just bought your boat. You were in Anacortes next to an Albin 25 and I stopped by when you were checking out your overheating issue. It sounds like you are getting everything taken care of and will be cruising soon. My wife and I were out cruising the Islands in our A 25 when we met you.

Welcome to the site.

Keith Olive
Leighway
1970 Albin 25 Deluxe
"Leighway"
Ben
Mate
Mate

Glad to be here

Post by Ben »

Thanks for the welcome,

Yes John, the boat is made in Kristinehamn, Sweden. It seems that there aren't many of us out there. (relatively speaking) This boat was or is being made fairly recently as the Bonum 800 or the Bonum 255.

Good to hear from you Keith. We had a little fun before the newest problem, eventually we will solve these pesky engine problems even if it ends up needing a re-power. Tearing down the top end of the engine today or possibly later this week as we are expected to get some winds this evening.

Ben

Return to “New Member Introductions”