• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

First sturgeon of the year!

Moderator: RobS

fuenstock
First Mate
First Mate

First sturgeon of the year!

Post by fuenstock »

Went out yesturday for my first sturgeon of 2009. Fished out of Benicia, ca. about 45 minute boat ride upstream of San Fransico bay. Im still waiting to catch a monster. There has been a few fish in the 8'-9' range caught in the past few months! My fish was 47", just legal. Legal california sturgeon are 46"-66". Fish released so I could catch him again later!

zinbaad
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: First sturgeon of the year!

Post by zinbaad »

Such a beautiful marked fish.. Great way to start the new year! :)
"MAHALO"
31 Tournament Edition
Hull#223 oop's
Twin 315's
Baysideanglers.com
Capt Paul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Paul »

Nice fish!, I will be up that way to fish the Catch and Release Sturgeon Derby on Jan 24th. You plan on fishing it?

I was going to try and get a slip in the Martinez marina ( Home Base for the Derby), It get's kind of shallow in there though. Not sure if they dredged recently or not.

Paul
1999 Albin 28 TE "Antoinette"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Well done. You don't waste anytime, 2009 is off to a nice start.

BTW, What year is your TE? I notice the transom door is solid blue and the door well is solid white? Was that factory that way? I don't think I have ever noticed that before. Mine is two tone with the white over blue to match the gunnel and hull colors top & bottom of the rubrail. Do you have any transom shots that show the door? Click on the picture to enlarge:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
fuenstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by fuenstock »

Capt Paul wrote:Nice fish!, I will be up that way to fish the Catch and Release Sturgeon Derby on Jan 24th. You plan on fishing it?

I was going to try and get a slip in the Martinez marina ( Home Base for the Derby), It get's kind of shallow in there though. Not sure if they dredged recently or not.

Paul
Paul,
Do you have a link to the derby? Is it the same as "The original derby XXV"? I have never entered a derby, but they do sound like a fun time. As for the Martinez marina, I don't belive they have dredged and I have heard of boats getting stuck at the mouth of the marina trying to come or go on the end of low tides. 2 months ago I had my boat serviced at Eagle marine which hauls out of Martinez marina and we had to schedule around a high tide to avoid any trouble. I am not sure if they have done any dredging with in the past 2 months. I know in spring of 2008 they also did not carry diesel fuel, not sure if they do now?
Benicia marina is right across the carqinez straight with in eye view of martinez marina and they do carry diesel and they have dredged last month. I berth there and have never had any type of trouble. They also have guest slips at a rate of $21.00 a night for 30' and under.
http://www.beniciachamber.com/guide/marina.html
fuenstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by fuenstock »

RobS wrote:Well done. You don't waste anytime, 2009 is off to a nice start.

BTW, What year is your TE? I notice the transom door is solid blue and the door well is solid white? Was that factory that way? I don't think I have ever noticed that before. Mine is two tone with the white over blue to match the gunnel and hull colors top & bottom of the rubrail. Do you have any transom shots that show the door? Click on the picture to enlarge:
My albin 28 is a 2006, I'm the first owner and thats how the transom door was when I purchased. Heres a shot of the transom. I wonder what year the transom/door paint changed or if they had diffrent paint patterns through out the diffrent year models?

fuenstock
First Mate
First Mate

Post by fuenstock »

Capt Paul
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Paul »

I sent you a PM with the info and web site.

Paul
1999 Albin 28 TE "Antoinette"
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

RobS wrote:Well done. You don't waste anytime, 2009 is off to a nice start.

Pitou is an '02 and the transom door is the same as Pacific Brew ..... NICE boat name!!
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Kevin, I never noticed that when I was on your boat, the LPR strikes again....

So it's somewhere between 2000 and 2002, the only 2001 I know is mhanna's but his is all white :roll:
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

RobS wrote:Kevin, I never noticed that when I was on your boat, the LPR strikes again....

:roll:
Rob, I'm glad you said it. I wasn't going to mention a thing. It's all Ric's fault! Love those Rendezvous'. :lol:
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “Fishing”