• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

28TE in Maryland

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
jumpjet231
Gold Member
Gold Member

28TE in Maryland

Post by jumpjet231 »

Hello All,
My name is Whit and I'm a new owner of a 2004 28 TE on the Eastern Shore in Maryland. I'm very excited to find this website since finding handling/maintenance info on the Albin has been difficult at best.
Regards,
Whit
2004 28TE
"Wave-off"
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: 28TE in Maryland

Post by Carl »

Congratts on your new boat! Where on the shore are you located? I am splashing my 28 this wednesday, and putting her in my slip in Crab Alley. Be sure to plan on attending the rendezvous this June, so you can meet a lot of great people, and get a chance to see other Albins.
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

Welcome to the group. I'll be on the Eastern Shore from later this Wed till most likely Sun though not onboard my Albin. Look for a 5th wheel trailer at Severn Boatyard, Tilghman Island. We'll be there making preparations for a cross country trip. :D :D
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

Where on the Eastern shore are you?
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
jumpjet231
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jumpjet231 »

I'm in Oxford. I spent an hour today practicing docking her at my pier. Coming from outboards to this wasn't an easy transition.
2004 28TE
"Wave-off"
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

Welcome Whit:

Good to have another member on the Eastern Shore. There are several of us (I am on the Wye near Queenstown). Hope to see you at the Albin Owners Chesapeake Rendezvous at Herrington Harbour South June 26-28. If you can make it, contact the Marina as soon as possible to make a reservation....they fill up their transient slips fast and we are trying to keep all of the Albins together. If you need any more info on the event, send me a PM.
Richard
Albin Owner Emeritus
RicM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RicM »

Jumpjet,
If you do a search on "docking" you will find extensive discussions on this forum on strategies for handling a single screw inboard in close quarters. It is a big adjustment from and outboard or twin screw, but if you can dock a single you can dock anything!
Ric Murray

Big Time, 42' 1993 Jersey Sportfish
Formerly owned Time After Time, 2003 28TE
Wickford RI
Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Post by Veebyes2 »

A suggestion for safe single screw learning. Anchor a fender/fenders in open water to simulate pilings or just as unmoving reference points & do your manourvering execises around them.

Nothing hard to hit. Just dont use too much line to anchor them. Just enough to hit bottom & a little.

No risk of damage this way.
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to AOG Whit! Post some pictures and see you at the Rendezvous. By the way, if your still looking for that EU2000, Zinbaad has one. Brand new.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “New Member Introductions”