• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Diesel in bilge

BobR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Diesel in bilge

Post by BobR »

I ran my trawler for a good 9 hours last week. Overnight I check the bilge and saw about 12-16 ounces of diesel fuel in the pan beneath the engine. We noticed that the leaking occured from the secondary fuel filter area. My partner tighten the screws on top of the filters and this seemed to stop most of it. Next day there was about 5 ounces of diesel. Any thoughts?
thanks
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: Diesel in bilge

Post by jleonard »

Remove filters and gaskets. While the filters are off check the drain valves on the bottom of the housing for intergrity. If bad replace.
Clean the gasket groove. Install new filters and gaskets....INCLUDING the oring that goes on the long screw.
I'll bet this will stop the leak.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
BobR
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Diesel in bilge

Post by BobR »

Thanks for your insight. I am hoping this just goes away with a little maintenance.

Return to “36/37/40/43”