• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 25 Motorsailer

Albin's "power cruisers"
DaveP

Albin 25 Motorsailer

Post by DaveP »

Hi All: It is good to be back in Arizona and on the Albin site again[quote][/quote]. While in Michigan, I picked up a sail rig for my 1970 Albin 25. The rig was from a 1976 Albin 25. If any of you can provide me with the dimensions of the wooden wedge that goes under the mast step I'd appreciate it. I'll try to post some of the latest pictures of Ticaboo in the near future. Dave 1970 Albin 25 Ticaboo
snewman
First Mate
First Mate

Re: Albin 25 Motorsailer

Post by snewman »

Is it possible to rig a sail on small Albins( I have an A27 FC ) or is this motorsailer you are talking about a completely different boat?
I have been seriously thinking about rigging a spiniker on my boat for sailing downwind. I don't have enuf keel for sailing on a reach or on a close haul but I don't think downwind would be a problem and would be fun.
Any thots?
Scott
DaveP

Re: Albin 25 Motorsailer

Post by DaveP »

The Albin 25 came from the factory as a straight power trawler or a motorsailer. Both boats had identical hulls. The sailing ability of the A25 isn't great and because of the rudder size you can't tack the boat, you have to jibe to change tacks. Your correct that the best point of sail is downwind. I'm not familiar with A27 but you should be able to rig a mast for a steadying sail or a small spinnaker. Maybe someone else on the site with an A27 can give you more info. on your specific boat. Dave 1970 A25 Ticaboo

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”