• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

remove or repair? TEAK DECKS

Veebyes2
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bermuda

Re: remove or repair? TEAK DECKS

Post by Veebyes2 »

You sound just like a friend of mine who has a 36' Marine Trader Sedan Trawler.

He hummed & hawed for years about his teak decks, & alot of the other teak too, before he finally bit the bullet, tore up the decks, added a couple layers of fiberglass cloth for good measure, painted & added non skid.

No more moaning about keeping the deck clean. Looks good too. He also used a polyurathane paint on some of the teak trim leaving a managable amount of teak exposed for good looks.

Albin trawlers are teak forests. It is a full time job keeping them looking good especially in a hot & salty climate. :x
1996 A32 'S' Type
Bermuda

1986 A27AC 1986-2000
34' 5th wheel trailer
VP9KL (IRLP node #7995)
Despacio
First Mate
First Mate

Re: remove or repair? TEAK DECKS

Post by Despacio »

Has anyone actually removed the teak? What did you find? Any photos?

I have replaced my tanks, made a new windshield, fixed deck leaks, made new scuppers, new windows, fixed all the leaks, next is to remove the teak decks. I hate to do it, my decks are in pretty good shape, but I was asking myself if removing and replacing deck screws is how I plan to spend my future. I'm tired of chasing leaks.

Thanks

New member, Albin 33. A great boat once you have the little things under control.

Return to “36/37/40/43”