• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

folding table

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

tomcat rio

folding table

Post by tomcat rio »

never noticed one of these before..probably better for parties than for fishing.
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/ ... me=Photo+9
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

Good idea. Probably useful for both, I'd imagine.
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

That's looking a lot more like a fold-down seat than a table.

I have a big cooler that sits in the stern of my boat, this looks like a much nicer installation. Anyone know where to get one?
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
SpaceCoaster
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cooler

Post by SpaceCoaster »

Sure it looks nice Doug. But where are you going to get your drinks from if you ditch the cooler? I use a 94 qt cooler w/a pad at the transom that doubles as a seat. :D

Seriously though. There is a marine shop here in Cape Canaveral that makes something very similar to this. I was eyeing one for my Albin but was going through the whole... "where am I gonna put my beer?" dilemna. I'll see if I can get the info and a picture for you.

Jorge
Baby Bella
1994 Albin 28TE
(D254 Mercruiser/BMW)
Merritt Island, FL
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Hey Jorge! I hear ya! The problem is that my cooler is SO BIG that you'd have to have a party on-board to use the space. A 12 pack and a bag or 2 of ice just sloshes around. If the flip up seat left room underneath for my small "Boat Beer Cooler" that would be perfect. 8)
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Speaking of a beer cooler. The center fishwell on my 28 is nicely insulated so I was able to find two flexible zip top coolers with removable inserts that fit right inside. With beer or soda in one and food in the other and ice packed in, it lasts about three days. The beverage and food are nice and close but out of the way, and the insulated box and cooler save ice.
tomcat rio

that reminds me of a compass problem...

Post by tomcat rio »

...i had one time. couldn't get it adjusted properly. it read too many degrees going out and not enough degrees comming in. i talked to an old salt. he asked if i stored to beer cooler near the compass. i did. it turns out the cooler was full of beer cans on the way out and empty on the way in (of course).. and that caused the errors.
sooo... i filled the cooler half full with beer cans and adjusted the compass, which took out half of the error out on both ends of the trip.
hey, works for me... :wink:
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

Buy beer in glass bottles....no compass issues... 8) 8)
Albin 28TE "Southwind"
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Cooler

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

SpaceCoaster wrote: I was eyeing one for my Albin but was going through the whole... "where am I gonna put my beer?" dilemna.

Jorge
SpaceCoaster, If you need help with your beer let me know. I'll be happy to take it off your hands. :lol:
SpaceCoaster
Gold Member
Gold Member

Beer

Post by SpaceCoaster »

I'd be happy to provide the (cold) beer & the boat. You gotta come on down to the swamp though.

{Note to self... buy a bigger cooler}

Jorge
Baby Bella
1994 Albin 28TE
(D254 Mercruiser/BMW)
Merritt Island, FL
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Hey Jorge,

If I ever find the time to leave Miami I'd be happy to come by....I'd even bring a bottle of rum!

Return to “General Discussion”