• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

question;drain in keel/transmission manual

Albin's "power cruisers"
gypsy rogue

question;drain in keel/transmission manual

Post by gypsy rogue »

Hi! Does anyone know if there is suppose to be just a drain plug in the keel, or is that part of a valve system of a keel cooler? Currently, we just have an open drain hole. As you look down in the keel, there's also a pipe that goes forward - we have no idea what that is for. Also, does anyone know how we could get our hands on an owner's manual for the transmission? We just bought a 1971 Albin25. Thanks for your help!! Laurie
bottom line II
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Niantic ,Connecticut

Re: question;drain in keel/transmission manual

Post by bottom line II »

There is a drain plug in the keel it is just aft of the engine bed and down in the pocket right on the bottom. It takes water from the forward cabin via a pipe molded into the keel going under the engine. It ,on my 1977 A25 ,has a slotted plug and it is for draining the low point after layup for the winter. I should have said it earlier ,it is on the port side and might be covered with paint ,like mine. My first A25 had a ,I believe ,3/8 ips plug. square top. Easyer to remove and replace.

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”