• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 25 sailed from Alaska. Now in Ohio River

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

Kenneth Moore

Albin 25 sailed from Alaska. Now in Ohio River

Post by Kenneth Moore »

New member. Bought an 1976 Albin 25 in August in Wrangell, Alaska and sailed her down the Inside Passage to Anacortes, WA. Had her trucked to Vermilion, OH (near my home in Oberlin) to an honest and competent (rarity) boatyard I have used for decades.
I had an anchor windlass, autopilot and microwave installed and then as it was late in the season instead of taking her through lakes Huron, Michigan, IL River, MS. River, up the Ohio to the Tennessee which I have done a couple of times in the past I had her trucked to Marietta, OH on the Ohio Rvr. and am in the process of going down that beautiful river to the Tennessee River at Paducah and thence to Kentucky Lake.

You may wonder why I went all the way to Alaska to buy an Albin when there are similar boats available in the lower 48. Two reasons: 1. The boat had a brand new 20 hp Yanmar diesel. 2. I wanted to go down the Inside Passage. Good decisions. The little engine worked flawlessly. The Inside Passage is magnificent, day after day travelling through temperate rain forest with snow covered peaks on either side. Lots of excellent, though some rather deep, anchorages.

Good to be a member. I am sure I will enjoy and learn much
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Albin 25 sailed from Alaska. Now in Ohio River

Post by jcollins »

Hi Kenneth,
This sounds like a great trip. Welcome to AOG. Post some pictures of your travels if you have them.

John
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “Cruising”