• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Mid-week Cruise

Albin Sightings! Where did you go, who did you meet?

Moderator: jcollins

loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis, MD

Mid-week Cruise

Post by loubennett »

Quest left Annapolis on Tuesday bound for Solomon's. The Bay was flat and the temperature comfortable. Spent two nights in Solomons. Left Solomons on Thursday and decided to stop at Knapps Narrows on the way back, returning to the scene of the rendezvous. I arrive at about 2:30. The marina was quiet. Very few transients. Later in the afternoon another Albin 28 pulled in. It was Nancy on Sea Glass. She was on one of her sea glass collection trips. We talked for a while and then I went to the restaurant (Bay Hundred) for dinner. I hadn't had a chance to try it during the rendezvous. It has been under new management for the past two years and I had a very good meal. As I remember Bay Hundred did not have a very good reputation in the past, but that's before the new management. I highly recommend it. The food was quite good, the staff friendly, and they have free dockage if you just want to stop for lunch or dinner. I stayed late enough for lunch there on Friday before heading home. All in all a pleasant cruise. Good weather and added a new restaurant to my "best on the Bay" list.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: Mid-week Cruise

Post by jcollins »

Lou,
I'm jealous. :mrgreen: The weather this past week was perfect for cruising. Unlike today and tomorrow.
We are heading out early tomorrow morning for a cruise to nowhere. Gotta keep that bottom clean. Afterglow sat most of July. The bow thruster was clogged with barnacles. Running gear too.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loubennett »

It was a nice week for cruising. There are advantages to taking the Summer off. You can go just because the weather forecast is good.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

We are heading out early tomorrow morning for a cruise to nowhere. Gotta keep that bottom clean.
Well...not this morning.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
loubennett
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loubennett »

It looks like this afternoon may be better. Good luck. There's better weather forecast during the week :D . I may get some cruise time in this week. I'm being drafted to be a Race Committee boat for CBYRA Race Week next weekend (Saturday, Sunday, and Monday) so looks like no Labor Day Weekend cruise. Oh well, places will be crowded anyway. After Labor Day cruising is always better. We should think about a mini AOG get together sometime in September.
Lou Bennett
2002 Albin 28 TE
Quest
Annapolis

Return to “Cruising”