• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

4D61 and Force 10 water heater

Albin's "power cruisers"
don123
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Biloxi MS

4D61 and Force 10 water heater

Post by don123 »

Bought a new water heater and would like to hook it up to the engine freshwater coolant loop to make hot water

Anybody have any experience with this?

I see a capped off nipple at the portside rear of the cylinder head. Is this an engine coolant outlet? Where would I put the other hose to return the coolant to the engine? I didn't find any other suitable, unused port on the engine

TIA,

Don
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Re: 4D61 and Force 10 water heater

Post by hetek »

I have a 6 gallon domestic hot water heater plumbed to my 4D61's coolant system. Let me take a look for you.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress
hetek
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Southold, NY

Re: 4D61 and Force 10 water heater

Post by hetek »

Here ya go, Don -

Sounds like you found the port side rear fitting. Here's mine. It has a 45 degree hose barb.
rear fitting.jpg
Look for the yellow arrow. The yellow dashed lines are the coolant hose, for reference.

Here's the mysterious front fitting. It is just under the trumpet-shaped thermostat hose on the water pump.
water pump fitting.jpg
There's that darned yellow arrow and dashed line again.

Here's an overall view. The hoses route aft, along the engine stringer, then go vertical up to the hatch opening, then crosses over to the starboard side where the water heater is located in the starboard aft corner of the engine compartment (on the platform).
hose routing.jpg
Hope this helps. Hope the yellow arrows and dashed lines weren't too distracting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Jon B.
Former owner of...
"Bunkie" - a 1984 A27FC
New owner of...
1977 A25 deLuxe - a work in progress

Return to “A25 / A27 - True Classics”