• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

rail hardware

mudskipper
Gold Member
Gold Member

rail hardware

Post by mudskipper »

We have a lovely scenic slip in Oceanport NJ. Sad to say it is not a floating dock. My wife and I are normal hight[ 'bout 5'5 ] At extreme tides we have to clammer up or down. I want to add a new opening on the sundeck level to let us step on at low tide. Does anyone know where I can get the capped hinge rail fitting and capped closure that seem common to these and other boats with wood railings? Thanks Jay on Aquarius
C lectric
Mate
Mate
Home Port: N/A

Re: rail hardware

Post by C lectric »

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s9/g ... 12091.html

Maybe worth a try.

Also try mfgrs like Spartan Marine, Perko, Groco, Buck Algonquin. and of course used marine parts stores.

Are your rails flat or oval.
mudskipper
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mudskipper »

thanks the link from yacht forum to ebay for set was what I needed but it went like a steak in a pack of fox hounds, I found a site with the assm in SSteel, but price was insane a little over 300 for the set. I'll check some of the other sources you suggested
rebuckley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Westerly, RI (WYC)

Post by rebuckley »

Have you tried to google up a marine surplus shop local to you? We have a marine consignment shop here in Mystic, CT and Wickford, RI - and I am always amazed at the "stuff" they have. It would take a day to search through their piles, but may be worth an email if you send a picture to them about what you need? They do not list any items on the web - http://www.marineconsignment.com/
Reb Buckley
36' 1983 Classic (Au Naturel)
15' Guardian Whaler
Westerly, RI (WYC)
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

If it's the same as a Grand Banks, look here, pasted from the "trawlers and trawlering" forum.

I have listed the Grand Banks railing hardware on eBay. Item #331046199186.
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

rebuckley wrote:Have you tried to google up a marine surplus shop local to you? We have a marine consignment shop here in Mystic, CT and Wickford, RI - and I am always amazed at the "stuff" they have. It would take a day to search through their piles, but may be worth an email if you send a picture to them about what you need? They do not list any items on the web - http://www.marineconsignment.com/
I'm going to have to check these guys out. Had no idea they were there. Thanks for posting the link.
Doug
Sonny IV
2006 35TE Convertible, Volvo D6-370's
Former owner - Sonny III, 1997 28TE with "The BEAST"
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

I've been to the Mystic store about 5 times just browsing, never walked out with anything. May be good for an odd find but the prices just always seem just a bit on the high side.
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
rebuckley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Westerly, RI (WYC)

Post by rebuckley »

Rob -

Agreed on Mystic - the Warwick one is set more for boaters - it is a mess, stuff everywhere - but in grouping by item. The prices are a bit more reasonable, and they haggle. I got a fortress FX-37 for a little over $200 - in great shape.
I think mystic is hoping to catch the "ohh - that would look nice on the mantle" tourists.
Reb Buckley
36' 1983 Classic (Au Naturel)
15' Guardian Whaler
Westerly, RI (WYC)
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Yup, agreed, and that kinda thing fits in that town. It is no doubt a great town to visit by dinghy..
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “36/37/40/43”