• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

1988 Albin 43

jhww
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Wilmington NC

1988 Albin 43

Post by jhww »

am going to sell my 36 and upgrade to a 1988 43. Aside from having a survey done is there any particular issues with an Albin 43 with Cummins 210 HP diesels (3200 hours) I should be aware of?

jim
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Re: 1988 Albin 43

Post by jleonard »

Those engines are pretty tough, they should not be a problem.
There is a couple who is on trawlerforum dot com that just bought one of those, same engines, and I think they just started a "delivery trip" from Fl to the Carolinas or Georgia I forget which.
It might serve you to join that forum and "talk" to them as they just went thru the process.
They post in the Albin topic there.
GOOD LUCK!!!

Here is the link to that thread.

http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s21/ ... 14063.html
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
C&D
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Hilton Head South Carolina (tenative)

Post by C&D »

We are the couple J Leonard was referring to and just closed on an 88 43 Sundeck. We felt this boat was an exceptional value and checked most of our boxes. There is some cosmetic work that needs to occur but overall the boat is rated above average. I don't think you can go wrong with the Cummins if they have been maintained. Feel free to ask away on anything and we would be glad to share what we know.
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

C&D wrote:We are the couple J Leonard was referring to and just closed on an 88 43 Sundeck. We felt this boat was an exceptional value and checked most of our boxes. There is some cosmetic work that needs to occur but overall the boat is rated above average. I don't think you can go wrong with the Cummins if they have been maintained. Feel free to ask away on anything and we would be glad to share what we know.
Well then, welcome aboard!
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT

Return to “36/37/40/43”