• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Replacement Gauges

rebuckley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Westerly, RI (WYC)

Replacement Gauges

Post by rebuckley »

Hi - I am looking to replace all of my gauges for the Ford Lehman 120. Some are not working, some I question, and others just look like they are over 30 yrs old..... I just wanted to reach out and see if anyone had gone through this task and if there was any advice on gauge types that work well or any pitfalls/things to be ready for as I go through the process? I assume we need to replace the sender units as we change gauges to make sure they match - and my tach comes off the alternator. Thanks
Reb Buckley
36' 1983 Classic (Au Naturel)
15' Guardian Whaler
Westerly, RI (WYC)
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: Replacement Gauges

Post by Tree »

I would assume (and don't quote me!) that VDO gauges should be pretty much straight swaps - you may not need to change sender units.

http://www.vdo-gauges.com/
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Post by Panhdjoe »

American Diesel in Kilamaronick Va. stocks a guage replacement kit with everything needed. I highly recomend them for all Ford Lehman parts and advice. And they actualy answer the phone. (BTW I probobly mispelled Kilamaronick) Joe
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
jleonard
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Mystic, CT

Post by jleonard »

I replaced water temp and oil pressure with VDO Gages and senders. Replace both gages and senders as the senders are what usually is the problem
Make sure you get senders made to run two Gages
Formerly
1983 40 Albin trunk cabin
Attitude Adjustment
Mystic, CT
psneeld
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Avalon, NJ

Post by psneeld »

contacted VDO and they said the new gauges aren't wired up like the old ones (not sure what that means...maybe internally?) so go with a new set or combo...

I just bought a single Faria water temp guage that's supposed to just plug right into the VDO setup as the senders are supposed to be compatable if all US or all European. Next year...I'll replace the rest of the set on the flying bridge.
Scott Neeld
Albin 40 Trawler

Return to “36/37/40/43”