• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Trim Tab Controls

Engines, Electric, Plumbing, etc.

Moderator: Jeremyvmd

rangoons
Gold Member
Gold Member

Trim Tab Controls

Post by rangoons »

Hi,
Is there any easy way to access underneath the trim tab controls on a 1998 Albin TE.
Rangoons
Big Dave

Post by Big Dave »

Rangoons,

Can you get there by removing the drawer liner under the helmsman's seat? I had to take this out once and was surprised at the access is provided. Not sure if it will get you to the tab controls though.

Dave
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Big Dave wrote:Rangoons,

Can you get there by removing the drawer liner under the helmsman's seat? I had to take this out once and was surprised at the access is provided. Not sure if it will get you to the tab controls though.

Dave
Dave - You've got me thinking I should pull out the ones under both the helm and mate seats just to see what's under there.

Rangoons - I do know that on my boat there's an access pannel for the hot water heater under the folding helm platform, I'm pretty sure you could reach up to the tab controls from there. I don't know if the 1998 model has that pannel, when I was looking for my boat I checked out a '96 that did not have the same arrangement.

Doug
rangoons
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by rangoons »

Thank you both. I will try your ideas and let you know.
Rangoons
Mariner
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mariner »

How did it go? Did you try those ideas? Did they work?

Return to “Albin Maintenance”