• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

A quick hello

Not model or forum specific.

Moderators: DougSea, RobS

DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

A quick hello

Post by DougSea »

John (and other members), thought I'd send out a quick hello. I just found the forum a few days ago and joined today.

I'm not an Albin owner yet but I'm hoping to be soon. In fact my wife and I plan on heading down from Connecticut to Maryland this weekend to check out a 28 TE. With a bit of luck I'll soon be a proud owner. Assuming that all goes well I'll be looking forward to sharing what I learn about Albins / Inboards / Diesels (all new to me!) with the others on this forum.

It sure looks like you've got a good start to the owners group, keep it up!

Kind regards,

Doug
Denis
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Denis »

Doug,

Welcome aboard, it is always good to get new members here and to hear about your experiences boating, fishing, cruising etc. related.
Good luck with your boat search, that is half the fun.

Denis
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Doug,
Welcome to the board! And, welcome to Maryland to check out your boat. Where are you looking in Maryland? I keep Afterglow in the Chase/Middle River area. You are more than welcome to stop by, check out the boat, and have a refreshment. This weekend it will be at a marina near my shore home. I lost my inverter/charger due to lightning (mentioned in another post) but it will be fixed this week.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

Good luck DougSea,

I look forward to hearing about your Albin once you find her.

Cheers!

Brian
DougSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Safe Harbor - Essex Island Marina, Essex, CT

Post by DougSea »

Thanks for the welcome guys!

John - The boat we're looking at is in Grasonville. I'm not really familiar with the area so I have no idea how close that is to you. She's a '97 and from the photographs looks to be in very good shape. Any pointers on problem areas to look for would be appreciated.

Thanks also for the offer to come check out your boat. I'm not sure yet what our schedule will be, we're hoping to see the boat Saturday afternoon and then spend the night in Grasonville after heading over to Annapolis for dinner - but we may have to just turn around and head home (long day of driving!) if we can't make arrangements for our daughter to get to and from work. I'll let you know how things look as we get closer to the weekend, it certainly would be nice to meet you and check out your boat.
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Dougsea,
Sorry I missed your email over the weekend. I generally don't check mail when we're at the shack.
How did your search turn out? Did you just go to look or did you do a sea trial? Private or broker? I know brokers around here want a deposit before they take you out.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “General Discussion”