• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Albin 28 TE wiring/switching help

Big Dave

Albin 28 TE wiring/switching help

Post by Big Dave »

Guys,

Can you help me? My 2003 28 TE has a switch for the bilge blower and another switch for the fuel gauge, neither of which work. I assumed the boat simply wasn't set up for these switches until I recently found a yellow wire behind the dash that wasn't connected to anything. Does anyone know what this wire might be for? Did the 2003 28's come with bilger blowers? What is the purpose of a fuel gauge switch, to get a reading when the ignition is off?

Thanks,
Dave
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Dave,
I didn't know the T28 came with gas engines? What brand is it? Volvo? Come to think of it, I did see a T28 with a Volvo/Penta outdrive when I was looking. I just assumed it would be a Volvo diesel engine.

I have a fuel switch too. I guess they use a switch instead of wireing direct to the ignition switch.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Dave,
I saw in another post that you do have a diesel. You don't need a blower with a diesel. Unless you meant bilge pump?
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
chiefrcd
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Deltaville, VA

Post by chiefrcd »

My 99 Yanmar Albin 28 came with a blower switch that isn't hooked to anything. I also have a extra bilge switch that isn't hook to anything either. Also the under sole bilge pump was not wired to work with the battery switch off, so I had that changed. I also have a host of wires that are not connected and are stubbed off. I'm not sure what they all go to but I checked everything that is suppose to work and it does. I would imagine that they run a standand set of wires and then depending on what options you have or need use them. Lastly my fuel switch is also on a seperate dash switch as well.
Tuxedo
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by Tuxedo »

My boat has a blower. In 98, Albin was adding them to provide additional air when running the engine, per Cummins (at least) request.

Every Albin I've seen has the fuel guage connected to the dash switch, not the ignition switch. Sounds like they changed some wiring. Probably got a new electrican.

At least, they don't have to update the manual. :roll:
Tom
Albin Owner Emeritus
Elizabeth Ann
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Elizabeth Ann »

My 2001 28Te doesn't have a blower. It does have a double toggle fuel gauge switch which seems to do nothing.

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”